1. Developments, ISBN 1-4387-7462-1,
2. 5. Aljazeera America website
3. Jump up^ Rubin, Barry (1980). Paved
with Good Intentions (PDF). New York:
Penguin Books. p. 83.
4. Jump up^ IISS Military Balance 2006,
Routledge for the IISS, London, 2006,
Persian withdrawal from all of their European territories in
the Balkans and Eastern Europe proper.
In 334 BC, Alexander the Great invaded the Achaemenid Empire,
defeating the last Achaemenid emperor, Darius III, at the Battle of
Issus. Following the
1. on 2010-01-03. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
2. Jump up^
3. (PIE) *
4. Iran' included and still includes part of
the Caucasus Mountains, Central Asia,
Afghanistan and Iraq; for Kurds, Baluchis,
Afghans, Tajiks, Ossetes, and other
smaller groups are Iranians
1. Proceedings of the 21st International
Congress of Byzantine Studies, London,
2126 August 2006, Volumes 13 p. 29.
Ashgate Pub Co, 30 sep. 2006ISBN
2. Jump up^ R.M.
Savory, Safavids, Encyclopaedia of Islam,
3. ^ Jump up to:a b The
1. December 2009.
2. Jump up^ International Federation for
Human Rights (1 August
2003)."Discrimination against religious
minorities in Iran" (PDF). fdih.org. p. 6.
Retrieved 17 January 2009.
3. Jump up^ International Federation for
Human Rights (1 August
2. Jump up^
3. . Oxford University Press.
p. 44. ISBN 978-0-19-803863-4.
Retrieved21 June 2013. .the Iranian
contribution to this new Islamic civilization
is of immense importance.
4. Jump up^ Bosworth, C. E. "Ajam".
Encyclopaedia Iranica. Archived fro
1. . Payvand.com. 13 September 2010.
Retrieved18 June 2011.
2. Jump up^ "UK Trade & Investment".
Wayback.archive.org. 13 February 2006.
Archived from the original on 2006-02-13.
Retrieved21 June 2013.
3. Jump up^ "FAOSTAT". faostat3.fao.org.
The use of the name Romania to refer to the common homeland of all Romaniansits modern-day
meaningwas first documented in the early 19th century.[d] The name has been officially in use since
11 December 1861.
In English, the name of the c
1. une 2011.
3. . ABC-CLIO. p. 319.ISBN 978-0-31334314-8.
4. Jump up^ Jahangir Amuzegar
(1991). The Dynamics of the Iranian
Revolution: The Pahlavis' Triumph and
Tragedy. SUNY Press. pp. 4, 9
12. ISBN 978-0-7914-9483-7.
Retrieved 22 June 2013.
1. May 2008. Retrieved 7 November 2010.
2. ^ Jump up to:a b c Ayse, Valentine; Nash,
Jason John; Leland, Rice (January
2013). "The Business Year 2013: Iran".
London, U.K.: The Business Year:
166. ISBN 978-1-908180-11-7.
3. Jump up^ Brian Boniface, MA; Chr
ctive in the hotel and restaurant industry, with a total turnover of EUR 2.6 billion. More than 1.9
million foreign tourists visited Romania in 2014, 12% more than in 2013. According to the country's
National Statistics Institute, some 77% came
1. the original on 24 June 2011.
Retrieved 18 June 2011.
2. Jump up^ Kiyanoosh Kiyani Haftlang;
Kiynsh Kiyn Haft Lang (2003).The
Book of Iran: A Survey of the Geography
of Iran. Alhoda UK. p. 17. ISBN 978-96494491-3-5.
3. ^ Jump up to:a b c R. Nagarajan
2. , Gerard Pieter van den Berg, William B.
Simons, Page 457
3. Jump up^ King, Charles (2008). The
ghost of freedom: a history of the
Caucasus. University of Michigan.
p. 10. ISBN 978-0-19-517775-6.
4. Jump up^ Farrokh, Kaveh. Iran at War:
1. . News.surfwax.com. Archived from
3. Jump up^ Grazia Borrini-Feyerabend; M.
Taghi Farvar; Yves Renard; Michel P
Pimbert; Ashish Kothari (2013). Sharing
Power: A Global Guide to Collaborative
Management of Natural Resources.
Jump up^ "Project Retired EECS at UC
Berkeley" (PDF). berkeley.edu. Archived from the
original (PDF) on 27 November 2007.
1. Jump up^ Vali Nasr (2007). The Shia
Revival: How Conflicts within Islam Will
Shape the Future. W. W. Norton.
p. 213. ISBN 978-0-39
2. -five percent of the population of the Gulf.
Of this, ninety-five percent of Iranians
and sixty of Iraqis are Shias.
3. Jump up^ Contrera, Russell. "Saving the
people, killing the faith". The Holland
Sentinel. Holland, MI. Archived from the
2. Jump up^ "U.S. State Department State Sponsors of Terrorism".
Retrieved 27 April 2016.
3. Jump up^ Ayatollah Ali Akbar HashemiRafsanjani: Israel is a 'one bomb nation'.
".application of an atomic bomb would
not leave any thing in Israel" (Dec 14
Gheorghe Gheorghiu-Dej was the communist leader of Romania from 1947 until his death in 1965
During the Soviet occupation of Romania, the Communist-dominated government called for new
elections in 1946, which were fraudulently won, with a fabricated 70% m
estimates of the Azerbaijani
2. 18 million people if we employ the latest
total figure for Iran's population (77.8
million). Azeri ethnicsts, on the other
hand, argue that overall number is much
higher, even as much as 50 percent or
more of the total
2. Nikki R. Keddie, Rudolph P Matthee. Iran
and the Surrounding World: Interactions
in Culture and Cultural Politics University
of Washington Press, 2002 p 366
3. Jump up^ Elizabeth Shakman Hurd
(2009). The Politics of Secularism in
1. Joel Carmichael (1967). The Shaping of
the Arabs. p. 235. Retrieved 21
June 2013. Abu Muslim, the Persian
general and popular leader
2. Jump up^ Frye, Richard Nelson
(1960). Iran (2, revised ed.). G. Allen &
Unwin. p. 47. Retrieved 23 June 2013. A
1. Retrieved 19 July 2012.
2. Jump up^ U.S. Bureau of the Census,
2005. Unpublished work tables for
estimating Irans mortality. Washington,
D.C.: Population Division, International
3. Jump up^ Iran News,
Payvand.com. "Iran's population gro
1. , particularly Mamalek-e Iran or "Iranian
lands", which exactly translated the old
Avestan term Ariyanam Daihunam. On
the other hand, when the Safavids (not
Reza Shah, as is popularly assumed)
revived a national state officially known
as Iran, bureaucr
1. national designations
3. Jump up^ "Iran's Strategy in the Strait of
Hormuz". The Diplomat. Retrieved 29
4. Jump up^ Christopher A Whatley (2001).
Bought and Sold for English Gold: The
Union of 1707 (Tuckwell Press, 2001)
5. Jump up^ L
Luce in Tehran (4 May 2004).
1. . 23 January 2016.
2. ^ Jump up to:a b c d e "Leadership in the
Constitution of the Islamic Republic of
Iran". Leader.ir. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
3. Jump up^ Final results of Expert
Assembly voting in Tehran
Nicolae Ceauescuruled Romania as its Communist leader from
1965 until 1989.
The Romanian Revolution in 1989 was one of the few violent
revolutions in Europe that brought an end to Communist rule
(around 4,500 casualties).
In 1965, Nicolae Ceauescu came to
1. "UPDATE 3-BP cuts global gas reserves
estimate, mostly for
Russia". Reuters.com. 2013.
Retrieved November 29, 2015.
2. ^ Jump up to:a b c d e CIA World
Factbook. "Iran". Retrieved 7
3. Jump up^ World Heritage List, UNESCO
World Heritage Si
2. The Muslim World. Vol. I The Age of the
Caliphs. E.J. Brill. p. 29. ISBN 0-68523328-6.
3. Jump up^ Why is there such confusion
about the origins of this important
dynasty, which reasserted Iranian identity
and established an independent Iranian
1. art. 18 of the constitution of Iran (1979).
The de facto motto however is:
"Independence, freedom, the Islamic
2. Jump up^ Ethnologue. "Iran".
Ethnologue. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
3. Jump up^ Buchta, Wilfried. "Taking
Stock of a Qua