METEOROLOGY LECTURE TEST # 2 - SPRING, 2010
1. The most common atmospheric instability type is typically ? instability. A.absolute B.conditional
C.these are equally common
2. The rain in Seattle, Washington is primarily due to A.intense solar heating B.he
NAME _ METEOROLOGY FINAL TEST
_ 1. Taiga vegetation is characteristic of polar areas.
_ 2. The droughts on the High Plains of the United States may be linked to sunspot cycles.
_ 3. Precipitation distribution tends to be zonal.
_ 4. If y
METEOROLOGY TEST # 3 2012
1. Stationary fronts often develop along the edges of mountain ranges.
2. Comma clouds often develop within extratropical cyclones.
3. The most common type of occluded fronts involve warm-type occlusion.
NAME _ METEOROLOGY TEST # 1
_ 1. Insolation
A.liquid or solid particle in the atmosphere
_ 2. Latent Heat
B.movement of air masses
_ 3. Calorie
C.average kinetic energy
_ 4. Atmosphere
D.measures solar radiation
_ 5. Weather
METEOROLOGY TEST # 1 SPRING 2012
1. Essentially all of the Earths weather occurs in the A.thermosphere B.stratosphere C.mesosphere
D.troposphere E.the weather occurs in all of these regions of the Earths atmosphere
2. ? are based on the c
METEOROLOGY FINAL TEST - 2010
1. The 92,500 year Milankovitch Cycle that corresponds quite well to the 18 cooling cycles during the
last ice ages is the A.angle of the ecliptic B.eccentricity of the Earth's orbit C.precession of the
NAME _ METEOROLOGY FINAL TEST 2012
1. ? are subarctic climates. A.Dfa B.Dfb C.Dfc D.H E.E
2. Positive Feedback Loops ? in better climate on Earth. A.result B.dont have to result
3. The heat equator is A.at the geographic equator B.north of the geographic
METEOROLOGY TEST # 3 - 2010
1. ? fronts often have a cirrus, cirrostratus, altostratus, nimbostratus, and stratus succession. A.cold
B.warm C.stationary D.occluded
2. The Upper Air Westerlies are found in the middle to upper portion of the
METEOROLOGY LECTURE TEST # 4 - SPRING, 2010
1. Most tornadoes are ? than 2000 feet across. A.less B.more
2. Teleconnections are important in A.creating hurricanes B.creating tornadoes C.single-station
forecasting D.drawing upper air maps E.long-range fore
METEOROLOGY TEST # 1 - 2010
1. ? is the degree of molecular activity of a substance. A.temperature B.heat C.this describes both
temperature and heat
2. During the Equinox the noon sun would be directly overhead at the A.Arctic Circle B.Tr