1. What is an ecosystem?
Ecosystem- a particular location on Earth distinguished by its particular mix of
interacting biotic and abiotic compounds
2. What are the components of an ecosystem?
Biotic- trees, wildflowers, birds, mammals, insects, fungui, bac
1. Name some examples of environmental systems.
Earth, lake, dessert, forest, ocean
2. What is the difference between an atom and a molecule?
Atom-smallest particle that can contain the chemical properties of an element
Molecule- particles containing more
1. What is meant by the environment?
The sum of all the conditions surrounding us that influence life, nonliving (soil, temp,
etc.) and living components
2. What is the difference between the terms biotic and abiotic?
Biotic- living Abiotic- nonliving