Student EID: _ Name _
BIO 365R , Fall 2013
Questions 1 50: Select the best answer. 1 point each question.
1. What are types of cells in the nervous system?
d. A and B
e. all of the above
2. The move
1) Which takes up a larger area of cerebral cortex?
a) Primary sensory cortices
b) Motor cortices
c) Association cortices
d) They are equally divided
2) Match the following lesions with their symptoms
1Parietal lobe lesion
2 inability to recognize/identif
1) What are two divisions of autonomic nervous systems?
Sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system
2) Which of the following does the enteric nervous system control?
3) In most cases, sympathetic ganglion cells relea
Quiz 11 Name:
1) Name specific portion of the brain for the following:
a) Voluntary skilled movement is controlled by Primary motor cortex
b) Posture, balance maintenance is controlled by vestibular complex and or/
2) Name two symp
1) Humans detect sounds in what frequency range?
a) 1 - 1000 Hz
b) 1000 Hz 50 kHz
c) 20 Hz 20 kHz
d) 50 kHz- 120 kHz
2) Which declines first during aging?
a) Low frequency
b) High frequency
c) Rates are equal
d) Hearing does not decline wi
1) Match the following region with their function (3)
A. Superior Colliculus
C 1)regulation of circadian rhythms
A 2) Orienting the movement of head and
B 3) reflex of pupil and lens
2) Which of the follo
Quiz 10 Name:
1) What does the basal ganglia do?
a) Initiating voluntary movements
b) Calculating motor error
c) Suppress unwanted movements
d) None of the above
2) What is a motor unit?
a) The group of dorsal horn cells that control a muscle group
1) Hox genes play a role in determining what?
a) The adhesion of a developing neuron to a target cell
b) Initiating apoptosis
c) The rate of axon growth
d) The regional identity along the anterior-posterior axis of a developing
QUIZ 1 BIO 365R
1) Which of the following is/are a type of cell in the nervous system:
A) Glial cells
B) Goblet cells
C) Nerve cells
D) A and C
E) B and C
2) The electrochemical equilibrium is a balance between _Electrical_
gradient and _concentr
1. (1)Which of the following are classes of mechanoreceptive afferents:
A. Pacinian afferent
B. Ruffini afferent
C. Parallel afferent
D. A and B
E. All of the above
2. (1)define Hyperalgesia.
After a painful stimulus in an area, the follow
Quiz 4 Name
1) Arrange the following events in the correct order starting with Action potential at the
presynaptic terminal (4)
a. (1)Voltage gated Ca2+ channel opens
b. (5)Reversal potential gets generated making membrane hyperpolarized
c. (3)GABA bi
1) Arrange the following events in the correct order starting with neurotransmitter binding to Gcoupled receptor (3) D-B-A-C-E
a) ATP is converted to cAMP
b) Adenylyl cyclase gets activated
c) cAMP activates protein kinase A
Quiz 2 BIO365R
1. Which of the following types of synapses do neurons have that enables them to
communicate with each other:
a. Physical and Electrical synapses
b. Electrical and Chemical synapses
c. Biological and Chemical synapses
Quiz # 5
1-2. 2 points. What is the current explanation for why severed mammalian axons degenerate in
Fast axonal transport no longer supplies proteins to the severed distal stump.
3-5. 3 points. Describe