1. Four categories of rural definitions- list and define a. Cultural: What is the history of the community? b. Occupational: what jobs do the members of the community fulfill and what degree of importance does that job have for the com
1. What is your full name? Randi Lee Woodruf
2. What name do you prefer to go by? Randi
3. Are you (or do you intend to be) a social work major? Yes
1. If yes, what type of social work are you interested in practicing (e.g. children and
families, mental h
The Center of Health and Nutrition (CHN) is an outpatient eating disorders program aimed at
helping eating disordered individuals learn coping skills and healthy lifestyles. CHN is also focused on
community outreach and developing ambassadors within the e
Your total score is: 51
0 - 10 -Are you ready?
From your answers, it looks like your time management skills and study habits (such as keeping yourself on track,
meeting deadlines and working independently) need to be improved before you can be successful
On the Time website http:/time.com/4367120/orlando-shooting-donald-trump-transcript/ you can find
the transcript of Donald Trumps speech following the Orlando shooting. Trump discussed the growing
threat of Terrorism in America using selective observation
Blog Post # 2
The goal of the Obesity and Outreach Initiative is to evaluate the ability to, and to better understand the
capacity in which mothers within Dallas County are able to reduce the health disparity within the county.
This study is aimed at reducing risks to
Running head: EATING DISORDERS AND RELAPSE
Eating Disorders and Relapse Intervention
University Texas Arlington
EATING DISORDERS AND RELAPSE
In the United States alone approximately 20 million women and 10 million men suffer from a
Difference and Similarities of Liberal, Radical, and Social Feminism
Feminism gained popularity in the early 1960s and 1970s and focused on the inequality
between men and women. In the 1980s there was a resurgence with the feminist movement
Wage Gap Reaction Paper 3
According to Gibelman (2003) the pay gap between men within the social work
field remains to be an issue. The reason for this, according to the author is due to the
fact that social work is a female dominated profe
Exam 1 Review
1. What three types of systems make up the macro environment according to KirstAshman?
2. What three types of forces work to shape the macro environment?
3. A _ is a demand, situation, circumstance that results in physiological
SY 382 Spring 2016
EXAM 2 REVIEW
10. upper quartile
11. lower quartile
13. standard deviation
Social Institutions Examples
A social institution consists of a group of people who have come together for
a common purpose. These institutions are a part of the social order of society
and they govern behavior and expectations of individuals.
Exam 2 Review
1. Communities can often be understood as networks of _. 7
2. When supervision is assigned to functions rather than people, and staff may have
multiple supervisors, it is called a _ structure. 8
3. The _ system is that which nee
Exam 2 Review Worksheet
1. _ are social entities that are goal directed, are
designed as deliberately structured and coordinated activity systems, and are
linked to the external environment.
2. Of Theory X and Theory Y human relations theorie
Parents Interventions for Diverse Populations
Do parents matter?
o Harris argues that science has been in the grip of a parent centered bias known as the
nurture assumptions. Research shows that in many cases of a childs
In Knudson-Martin and Mahoneys Book Couples, gender, and power (2009) the
authors find that equality in a relationship is unattainable based on their definitions of
equality. It is my belief that the definition of equality in and of its self is flawed in
Jemmott, Jemmott, and Fong evaluate the prevalence of HIV among African
American adolescents in the inner city of Philadelphia, and how social norms and
conditions impact the effects of abstinence training versus teaching safe sex methods.
The authors whi
1. Social Networks a. These are your ties and links to others i. There are 2 kinds of social capital 1. Bonding and bridging ii. Challenges for rural communities or people with building social capital 1. These people are not in a position to influenc
S W 360K
Chapter 10: A Strategy for Uncovering, Accessing, and Maximizing Assets and Strengths in Rural Area Social Services - Many social workers getting into the field today are unfamiliar with rural settings and inadequ
1 - ' r x __ .. P (N 1'. ' I I _\
\ \ \ ~ \1L\ \'I\_§_~\ Q4. 7? \ L» 5'4 I ' 'L\ RN 14
A .; mw a»
i \\ My re; a: . x _ . . 1 -. 7
x. ._. -...-
., '. JL 'I-_ I. _ 4. \ ' I I
- \. A. . a - :1! Q"11'-"1l\ ' " "' JVV I .. . . . . \L-'t:.»'
Moral Development Reaction Paper 2
In Gilligans book in a different voice she brings to light many of the older views
about childhood development and the roles that gender places on the development of
ones own identity. Gilligan brought abo
Parenting Interventions for Diverse Cultures
Interventions Across Developmental Stages
Most typically used between ages 2 to 7.
o Older kids dont care which is why they do not work.
Response to a child misbehavior.
Specified amount o