Tatum Discussion Questions #13 & #14
13. In my own opinion, slavery has shaped the way we thrive and coexist in America.
Whites inherently feel that they are above the black race because they were years ago.
Blacks continue to
Tatum Discussion Questions #23 & #24
23. I think from reading and talking to biracial people the main problems that
appear are feelings of not belonging. Sometimes in the black community mixed
people are judged and are call w
Tatum Discussion Questions #15 & #16
15. Media plays a huge part in the development of children. They see things on TV
pertaining to race and that is what comes to be reality for them. It is important that we
teach our childre
Tatum Discussion Questions #11 & #12
11. I think some strategies that have been formed to resist the dominant group is simply
culture. We do things differently than they do. We act differently than they do. I think in
Tatum Discussion Questions 1-4
1. Linking with people who are like you help with the development of self. When we
surround ourselves by one another we learn and pull from each others
experiences. Connecting with the racial gro
EDP 369K STUDY QUESTIONS
1. Who is the author of Overcoming: A History of Black Integration at the University of Texas at Austin?
(A Celebration of the Life of A Gift of Love)? Almetris Duren
2. Who was denied admission to the UT Law School because he was