ME 343 Thermal Fluids Systems
Introduction; Review, Properties and States
Review, 1st Law
Review 1st Law, 2nd Law
Otto and Diesel Cycle (continued)
PROBLEM STATEMENT: The volumetric analysis (volume percentage) of a mixture
of ideal gases is given in the table.
(a) Determine the gravimetric analysis (mass percent).
(b) Determine cV for the mixture.
(c) Determine the heat trans
ME343-Spring 2014-Assignment 4
Vapor Power Cycles and Combined Heat/Power
1. Consider a regenerative vapor power cycle with two feedwater heaters, a closed one
and an open one, as shown in Figure 1. Steam enters the first turbine stage at 12 MPa,
3.11 Determine the volume. in m. of 1.5 kg of ammonia 3.23 Two thousand kg of water. initially a saturated liquid
at 2 bar. 20°C. at 150°C. is heated in a closed. rigid tank to a nal state
3.12 A two~phase liquidvapor mixture of H10 at 200 th
10. Referring to Fig. 8.1. what environmental impacts might result from the two plumes
shown on the gure?
11. Referring to Example 8.5. what are the principal sources of inter-mil irreversibility?
12. Why is water the most commonly used worki
Determining Mixture Composition
12.1 Answer the following questions involving a mixture
of two gases:
(3} When would the analysis of the mixture in terms of
mass fractions be idemim. to the analysis in terms of
(b) When would the ap
Be neat, write out equations before inserting numbers, and circle your answers.
If you cannot figure out one part, assume an answer and carry it through the other parts.
1. (51%) One of the ME 266K groups Dr. Hall is advising this semester is work