1. A client diagnosed with bipolar disorder and experiencing mania is admitted to the
inpatient psychiatric setting. During the acute phase of mania, which medication would
the nurse expect to most likely administer?
A) Lithium carbonate (Lithium)
1. A nurse is assessing a patient with a psychiatric illness. The nurse interprets which
patient statement as reflecting the concept of cognitive triad?
A) I always mess things up. No matter what I do, my whole world is a mess, and my
future will be a big
Running head:Post-9/11 Veterans with PTSD: A battle with smoking
Proposal Paper for Post-9/11 Veterans with PTSD: A battle with smoking
Morgan Mathews and Brenda Pizana
The University of Texas at Arlington College of Nursing
In partial fu
1. When applying the biopsychosocial model to client care, the nurse integrates the
psychological domain when involved with which of the following?
A) Behavior therapy
B) Family support
C) Nutritional therapy
D) Sleep hygiene measures
2. A nursing instruc
1. When reviewing several studies about Hispanic Americans and their use of mental
health care facilities, the nurse notes that this cultural group tends to use all other
resources before seeking help from mental health professionals. Which of the followi
1. A client who has a major depressive episode tells the nurse that for the past 2 weeks, he
has been hearing voices and at times thinks that someone is following him. History
reveals that he had these alternating symptoms before along with times when he
1. While caring for a family who lost a 10-year-old son in a car accident, the nurse should
instruct the parents to tell the 4-year-old sister which of the following about her brother?
A) He died and is not coming back.
B) He passed on to the other side.
1. A nursing instructor is explaining the concept of the continuum of care to a group of
students. Which of the following would the nurse include in this description?
A) Care provided in episodic intervals
B) System of care that focuses primarily on welln
1. The nurse makes a home visit to a client who has dysthymic disorder. Which of the
following would the nurse expect to assess?
A) Low energy
B) Intense concentration
D) Normal appetite
2. A client has been diagnosed with major depression. T
1. A group of nursing students are reviewing information about Freud's personality
structure. The students demonstrate understanding of this information when they
identify the ability to form mutually satisfying relationships as a function of which of
1. A nurse has engaged in self-awareness and has come to understand his own personal
beliefs and attitudes and has recognized some prejudicial ideas. Based on this
understanding, which of the following would the nurse now be able to accomplish?
A) Have a
1. The nurse is assessing a client who is diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.
Which client statement indicates the client is at risk for self-injurious behavior?
A) I have felt so down lately. I don't enjoy doing anything anymore.
B) I do what
1. Which of the following questions would be most helpful in beginning an initial
assessment interview for a patient who has just been admitted to a psychiatric inpatient
A) Have you had any previous psychiatric admissions?
B) What brings you into t
1. A nursing instructor is describing the DSM-IV-TR to a group of nursing students. Which
of the following would the instructor include as the primary purpose of this
A) Provide a commonly understood diagnostic category for clinical practi
1. A nurse is teaching a medication class to a group of psychiatric patients. One of them
asks the nurse why he has so much more trouble learning now when he's in his 60s than
he did when he was younger. Which of the following concepts would the nurse int
1. The nurse is caring for a client in an inpatient mental health setting. The nurse notices
that when the client is conversing with other clients, he repeats what they are saying
word for word. The nurse interprets this finding and documents it as which
1. A nurse is giving a presentation to a community group about sleep and its relationship to
health. In explaining the relationship between REM sleep and body temperature, which
statement by the nurse would be most appropriate?
A) There is no observable r
1. A nurse is performing an assessment interview with a patient. The patient tells the nurse
that he has a type A personality. Based on the nurse's interpretation, the nurse would
expect which behavior by the patient?
A) Appearing relaxed and easygoing th
1. The nurse is preparing to assess a client with a paranoid personality trait. The nurse
integrates knowledge of this condition, anticipating that the client's affect and behavior
will most likely be which of the following?
A) Angry and hostile
1. The nurse is caring for a group of hospitalized patients with various psychiatric
diagnoses. The nurse identifies which patient as having the greatest risk for a suicide
A) Man with bipolar I disorder
B) Woman with acute stress disorder
1. A nurse is performing an admission assessment. The patient complains that it has been
taking larger and larger amounts of medication to get the desired effect. Based on this
information, the nurse interprets this as suggesting which of the following?
1. A group of nursing students are reviewing information about the evolution of mental
health care and are discussing the recommendations of the final report of the Joint
Commission on Mental Illness and Health. The students demonstrate understanding of
1. An older adult client is brought to the emergency department after ingesting an
unknown substance. The client, who appears to have dementia, has tremors, ataxia of
the upper and lower extremities, depression, and confusion. The nurse suspects
1. While caring for a client with anorexia nervosa, the nurse anticipates that the client
would have difficulty making which of the following comments?
A) I'm mad at you because you won't let me go on a pass unless I gain weight!
B) I need to have everyth
1. The nurse is planning a presentation to a group of nursing students on the topic of
anxiety disorders. Which of the following would the nurse include when describing
A) Individuals may believe they are having a heart attack when a panic
1. The nurse is talking to a female client who is a survivor of intimate partner violence.
The woman relates that her husband has been told that he has the characteristics of an
antisocial personality disorder. The woman also informs the nurse that her hu
EFFECT OF STUDY ABROAD ON
A Dissertation presented to the Faculty of the Graduate School
University of Missouri-Columbia
In Partial Fulfillment
of the Requirements for the Degree
Doctor of Education
PAULA K. PATTERSON
Study Abroad Decisions: Determinants & Perceived Consequences
This study examined factors influencing students decisions to study abroad and the perceived impact of
STUDY ABROAD: AN EXPLORATION OF STUDENT DEVELOPMENT AND
HEATHER ANNE ROBALIK
A THESIS PRESENTED TO THE GRADUATE SCHOOL
OF THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA IN PARTIAL FULFILLMENT
OF THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DEGREE OF
MASTER OF SCIENCE
Survey of Global Personnel Development and
Long-term Impact of Study Abroad
-Summary Report: March, 2016-
The number of international students worldwide has now reached 4.5 million. Against
the background of a debate surrounding the quality assurance of h
General Meeting of the Board of Directors
Fresno Chaffee Zoo Education Building
Wednesday, January 18th, 2017 5:30 pm
CHICAGO-AREA MUSEUMS, GARDENS, ZOOS, AND AQUARIA
Proudly Serving Illinois for 160 years
Chicago-area museums contribute to Illinois in valuable ways.
ECONOMIC IMPACT: As employers, contractors, and tourist attractions, Chicago-area museums
have a major re
Simons, J., Korevaar, K., Hindrix K., & Joris, M. (2013). Naar het buitenland: een ervaring voor elke
student of het resultaat van een voorafgaande selectie?! In J. Simons (Red.), Handboek Interculturele
Competentie. Brussel: Politeia.
University of Nebraska - Lincoln
[email protected] of Nebraska - Lincoln
Educational Administration: Theses, Dissertations,
and Student Research
Educational Administration, Department of
Navigating Spaces: Exploring the Impact of Stu
Research in Higher Education Journal Volume 25 September, 2014
Why some students study abroad and others stay
Tarleton State University
West Texas A&M University
Tarleton State Universi