Calcium Citrate/Calcium Carbonate (Citracal, Calcitrate)
Uses: prevent and treat calcium deficiencies; dietary supplement
Factors that decrease calcium: vegan diet, lactose intolerance/limit to dairy, consumption of large amounts of
Salmonella symptoms are developed within eight to 72 hours and include diarrhea, vomiting,
nausea, abdominal cramps, headaches, and blood in the stool. Diarrhea occurs as a reflex when
the body needs to get rid of any harmful toxins; in this case
Dry Lab II October 13, 2015
1. Balance the following equations
3 Cu + 8 HNO3
CHAPTER 30 Pain Assessment and Management
Which pain assessment method is useful for measuring pain in infants and preverbal children
who do not have the language skills to communicate they are in pain?
Why is this the most effective way of m
Case Study 2
This disease is transmitted via skin contact.
Usually this disease can be treated with antiviral medications.
A possible explanation for why there is a lower attack rate for wrestlers with
Case Study 5
1. Hamburgers are made from ground beef, which is comprised of meat from
different parts of the animal. Therefore, when cooking hamburgers it is best
to cook the meat all the way through. On the other hand, steaks when
Case Study 3
1. The patient most likely has Streptococcus pyongenes beta hemolytic group A.
2. The tell tale feature that indicates that this is not Clostridium perfringens is
the morphology. Streptococcus pyongenes is cocci chains whereas Cl
Diphenoxylate (Lomotil, Lonox) Anti-diarrheal
Actions: inhibits gastric motility by acting on mucosal receptors responsible for
Uses: acute nonspecific and acute exacerbations of chronic functional diarrhea
Contraindications: children <2yr, hy
Comp 1010, Section 11E
November 1, 2014
Exemplification Paper Reflection Assignment
The exemplification paper was definitely more complicated and more tedious than
the definition paper. Of course it is the point of the class to get a little h
GI RN Category: Nurse: Other Position Is For: Regular Full Time Employment
Position Posted By: A Facility, Registry, or Staffing Company Job Code: 09-01074
Posting Expires: December 3, 2010 Facility Description: USresources Healthcare
provides clinical, c
Case Study 1
1. The first step in determining if the patient has meningitis would be to
perform a spinal tap or lower lumbar puncture. A gram stain should follow
2. The probable diagnosis is Cryptococcus neoformans Meningitis. A couple
Case Study 4
1. No, the vaccine injection cannot give you the flu.
2. It is not a good idea to skip the current years flu vaccination because each
year brings a new strain of influenza.
3. Antigenic shift is responsible for re-occurrence of t
The definition of economics states that it is the study of how _.
A.agents choose to allocate scarce resources and the impact of those choices on
The statement that the United States saw the unemployment rate peak at 10 percent in