Preparation of Banana Oil using Simple Distillation and Gas Chromatography
Lehman Experiment 5 performed on 10/06/15
Esters are used in a variety of things such as scented candles, air fresheners, incense and
other products. Cavendish Dist
Chapter 3: Intro. to Organic Molecules & Functional Groups
1. Which of the following lists contains common heteroatoms found in organic molecules?
A) N, O, S, P, Cl
C) Na, Mg, S, N, Cl
B) Na, O, S, P, Cl
D) Na, Mg, O, N, Cl
2. Why do heteroatoms confer re
Chapter 7: Alkyl Halides and Nucleophilic Substitution
1. Which of the following alkyl halides is a primary alkyl halide?
2. Which of the following alkyl halides is a secondary alkyl halide?
3. Which of the
Chapter 6: Understanding Organic Reactions
1. Which of the following statements about substitution reactions is true?
A) Substitution reactions involve bonds.
B) Substitution reactions involve bonds.
C) One bond breaks and another forms at a different car
Chapter 5: Stereochemistry
1. What is the main carbohydrate in the seeds and roots of plants?
2. Which of the following statements about starch and cellulose is true?
A) Starch and cellulose are not stereoisom
Chapter 4: Alkanes
1. Which of the following statements about alkanes is not true?
A) Alkanes are aliphatic hydrocarbons.
B) Alkanes contain only C-C and C-H bonds.
C) Alkanes are acyclic or cyclic.
D) Acyclic alkanes have two fewer H atoms than cyclic al
Chapter 1: Structure and Bonding
1. What is the ground-state electronic configuration of a carbon atom?
A) 1s2, 2s2, 2p5
B) 1s2, 2s2, 2p2
C) 1s2, 2s2, 2p6
D) 1s2, 2s2, 2p4
2. What is the ground-state electronic configuration of a fluorine atom?
A) 1s2, 2s
Chapter 2: Acids and Bases
1. Which of the following statements is a correct definition for a Brnsted-Lowry acid?
A) Proton acceptor
C) Electron pair acceptor
B) Electron pair donor
D) Proton donor
2. Which of the following statements about a Brnsted-Lowr
Chapter 10: Alkenes
1. Which of the following alkenes are terminal alkenes?
A) I and II
B) II and III
C) I and IV
D) I and III
2. Which of the following alkenes are internal alkenes?
A) I and II
B) II and III
C) I and III
D) II and IV
3. Which of the stat
Chm 237 Monday @ 2:30
Melvin R Simmons
Applying Le Chtelier principle glacial acetic acid was esterified with Isopentyl alcohol
to synthesize Isopentyl
CHEM 2425. Review for Test 3 (chapter 20, 21) SE42
What is the IUPAC name for the following compound?
What is the correct structure for acetic acid?
Chapter 20-Carboxylic Acids and Nitriles
1. Drawing Instructions: Draw structures corresponding to each of the given names.
Draw: 2-propylpentanoic acid
2. Drawing Instructions: Draw structures corresponding to each of the given names.
Student:_ 1. Identifythenucleophileinthefollowingreaction.
A. B. C. D. CH3Br OH H2O Br
A. B. C. D.
CH3CH2Br HS Br CH3OH