3The Chapter Internal Organization: Resources, Capabilities, Core Competencies, and
Competitive Advantages TRUE/FALSE 1. In the global market, employees move freely from
firm to firm, so they are not an important source of competitive advantage for the fi
1. PetSmart provides services and products for pet owners which are not available through other
outlets. PetSmarts business level strategy is best described as
a. focused cost.
b. cost leadership.
1. All of the following are examples of businesses discussed in the Chapter 5 Opening Case that
have done well during recessionary times EXCEPT
a. Health care products and pharmaceuticals
c. Candy manufacturers
d. Movie stud
1. In 2005, P&G, whose products include Crest toothpaste and Tide laundry detergent, purchased
Gillette. Gillette itself had multiple businesses, including a range of products including electric
toothbrushes, razors and batteries. Which of
1. According to the chapter Opening Case, despite recent declines both globally and
domestically, M&A opportunities seem strong in sectors such as _and _.
a. automobiles; hotels
b. health care; software
c. energy; health care
d. energy; bi
1. According to the Opening Case about entry into China, a common entry strategy for
automobile firms such as General Motors and Volkswagen is
d. joint ventures.
ANS: D PTS: 1 DIF: Medium REF: 2
UNIVERSIDAD DE GUAYAQUIL
FACULTAD DE CIENCIAS MATEMTICAS Y FSICAS
ASIGNATURA: Lenguaje Y Comunicacin FECHA: 03 al 07 de julio del 2017
TEMA: La Comunicacin- Oraciones Y Ortografa
UNIDAD 1: Importancia, caractersticas,
elementos y funciones d