SOCIO 114 LEC #3
Durkheim: Law and Social Solidarity
- The significance of the division of labor in society (France). Significant division of
class and labor in France. Durkheim asked why everyone cannot get along. He
understood that peo
SOCIOL 114 LEC 1/22
The history of the sociology of law
1950s-1970s: the study of
- Legality emerges from everyday life.
- It is for this reason that the rule of life is enduring; the rule of law has meaning.
- Law is also produced by elites in p
SOCIO114 LEC 2
The Social Assumpti ons of Liberal Jurisprudence.
The place of theory in science.
- Scientific Theory: General explanation (logical, internally consistent) of everything
known in a field of reality. Facts are standalone statements. Theory d