Going through life alone sounds depressing. Some animals and humans do not
choose to live life companionless; they choose a better alternative for living, they choose
social groups. These social group
Study Questions Social and Mating Behavior
More Questions on Social Behavior
1. In turkey world, what does it mean to be part of a coalition?
2. How did dominants, subordinates and turkeys going solo fare when it c
Study Questions on Mating Behavior (part 2)
1. What is the difference between direct and indirect benefits to choosy females?
2. Give examples of direct benefits.
3. What is a spermatophore and what is its role in m
Study Questions Mating Systems and Parental Care
Mating Systems (part 2)
1. What guided the difference between the monogamous poison frog and the
promiscuous poison frog?
Human Vigilance Study Assignment
20 points, due October 30, 2015
Using the data collected by the class, you will write up a short paper (~2-3 pages),
which will briefly introduce the concept of vigilance and observ
Going through life alone sounds depressing. Some animals and humans dont
choose this path to live trough for the rest of their lives. They choose a better alternative
for living they choose social gr
Who has the authority to determine the difference between originality as opposed
to an altered replica? In the brief story I Bought a Little City, by Donald Barthelme the
protagonist purchases a little city
1. Humans being able to understand the bark of a dog is I believe amazing, it goes to
prove that dogs are really a mans best friend.
2. The hormone that is associated with bonding is oxytocin.
3. Dogs are descendants from grey wolv
Dogs Decoded_Assignment 2
Discussion Animal Behavior
Due in discussion section, week September 14-18
1. Watch hour long video, Dogs Decoded, at http:/topdocumentaryfilms.com/dogs-
2. Answer the foll
1. From an evolutionary standpoint sex is more important than life its self.
2. What is unique about the reproduction in the population of lizards from Texas is
that they are all females and give bir