7/6 Psych 7
Sophies Diary (Google Ad)
Uber: rides of glory A RoGer is anyone who took a ride between 10pm and 4am on a
Friday or Saturday night, and then took a second ride from within 1/10th of a mile of the
previous nights drop-off point 4-6 hours later
Facebook: My Likes, photos uploaded, Liked pages, profile information (education,
work, birthdate, hometown, etc.) personal messages, daily statuses, places checked-in,
Instagram: photos uploaded, Liked photos, comments on my own/others photo
Lecture 3 (7/13)
Theory of persons:
- How do psychologists measure individual differences?
- How do people form impressions about other people?
- How do people interact with the environment?
Theory of persons in the machine
- How do data analysts form imp
Lecture 2 (7/8 Wed)
The Data in Big Data
Is theory dead?
Four questions about data
Google Flu Trends articles
Big data: the end of theory?
- Chris Anderson in Wired Magazine: Petabytes allow us to say: Correlation is enough.
The theorys era is g