AIL DAT ENGLISH FINAL
1) Big Picture, summary, organization, significance, arguments, and fallacies
2) Style, imagery, tone, diction, and repetition
3) Connections, background, history, allusion
4) Looking beyond, opinions, appeal, authors thesi
H English 12, TTH 1
17 Dec 2015
What is Sacrifice?
Sacrifice is a scary word just thinking about it. When I recently asked my church friends
what they thought about the word, they equated it to death or an instant waste of ones
For #1, include both the original sentence and revised sentence. Bold your corrections
For #2, cite and bold five of the parallel elements
a. She planned a trip to the country, a visit with her grandmother, and taking long hikes with
Andy Jung 1
Law 12: Troublesome 27
For #1-3, include incorrect original and correct sentence. Bold your corrections
For #5, include original and revised. Bold corrections.
1) Write 3 sentences using suffix -wise as it should not be written.
1. Use a colon for an aha moment: If my mom told me something about slumber
parties, it was this: Dont mistaken which drinks are water and wine.
2. Use a colon for an ah moment: I asked my friend to give me a ride home: he never
3. Use a colon after
Reduce all the sentences to basic statements:
a) Looking from the mountain road above like a small tumble of childrens toys left
carelessly behind on the desert floor, the village slept in the sun, the streets
empty its houses shu