1. A firm has been hired to move 100,000 tons of manure from a feedlot. The firm has analyzed the
layout of the operation and has determined that they will use 5 large dump trucks. Each dump
For the following problems find the critical path, critical path time, crash schedule,
maximum crash time, and maximum crash cost. After solving each problem by hand,
rework them on QM and print you
CPM/PERT and Probability
1. Determine the following. Use the network flow model from problem 6 in chapter 8 of
a. Expected activity times
b. Earliest activity times
c. Latest activity
1) With the following set of matrices:
a. Write the original system of equations depicted by the matrices.
b. Find the inverse of the A matrix. Show each step.
c. Find X1 and X2.
For each of the following LPs, solve using the simplex method.
Min Z = 2X1 + 2X2
3X1 + X2 6
X1 + X2 3
Max Z = 4x1 + 6x2
X1 + 2X2 4
3X1 + 3X2 6
4X1 + X2 4
A firm has been hired to move 36,000 tons of manure from a 40,000 head feedlot. The firm has
analyzed the layout of the operation and has determined that they will use 3 large dump trucks.
Use 10 to
1. Simulate a single queue, multi (2) server system with arrival rate described by a discrete
distribution as shown below and service rate described by an exponential distribution
(=5 customers per ho
1. Simulate a single queue, multi (2) server system with arrival rate described by a uniform
distribution (1, 5) and service rate described by a triangular distribution (1, 8, 6).
Simulate 10 customer
Homework 21 Solution
Use Matrix Multiplication on Excel spreadsheets to solve the following problems.
Remember to use MINVERSE and MMULT functions a press the CNTL, Shift, Enter
1. Multiply the followi
HOMEWORK # 14
1. Construct the network for this pro0ject, identify the critical path, and determine project
1) Place the following system of equations in matrix format ([A] * [x] = [B]). Do not solve.
5x1 +4 x2 = 20
2x2 - 4x3 = 8
9x1 + 3x2 - 6x3 = 18
2) Considering the following matrices, tell wh
Practice Problems for Exam 1
X1 + X2 + X3 = 10
5X1 + 6X2 2X3 = 22
9X1 2X2 3X3 = -13
Find the adjoint transpose of the A matrix. What are the values in the second row?
A. -3, -12, 7
B. 1, 12, 11
C. 3, 12, -7
D. -1, -1
For the following 2 network flow models determine the shortest route and the minimal
3. For the above flow model determine the maximum flow.
Hoover Electric Company makes bells
Crashing and Probability
1. Construct the project network, then crash the network manually to 28 weeks.
1. A feed lot needs 10,000 tons of manure removed using one front end loader and
one 10 ton truck. The manager will allow one 10 ton pile of manure to be staged
near the loading zone. The truck can
1. (13.1) For each of the following queuing systems, indicate whether it is a single- or
multiple-server model, the queue discipline, and whether its calling population is infinite
1. Read the Moores Meatpacking Company example at the end of Chapter 2. Write
the LP and solve it graphically.
Solve the following LPs using graphical solutions. Label the feasible region and
For each of the following, formulate the LP then put into Standard AND Canonical form.
DO NOT SOLVE.
1. Beaver Creek Pottery Company is a small crafts operation run by Native American tr
1. Manure Problem - One FE loader, One 10-ton pile, and One truck (capacity 10
tons), = arrival rate = 3 trips/hr, 1= service rate = 3 tons/hr, 2= service rate = 6
The Sunshine Food Processing Company produces three canned fruit productsmixed
fruit (x1), fruit cocktail (x2), and fruit delight (x3). The main ingredients in each product
are pears and peaches. Each p
For each of the following problems, formulate the LP and solve using the simplex method. (The
LP is given for problem 1 and 2.)
1. Solve the following LP from the slides in todays lecture.
Homework 23 Solution
b.) FEL idle in state 10 because it is neither making a pile nor loading a truck.
c.) FEL loading trucks in states 01 and 11.
d.) Truck being loaded from lot in state 01.
e.) Truck bein