Fears Creon's power.
Defends Creon's authority.
Both fears Creon's power and defends Creon's authority.
Neither Fears Creon's power nor Defends Creon's authority.
2) According to class, which of the following is an implication of the st
1) Which of the following best exemplifies the pattern of reasoning that Antigone employs in
deciding that she may disobey the king with regard to his edict on burying Polyneices' body?
a. In choosing which T-shirt to buy among shirts that are identical e
1. According to class, which of the following is demonstrated by a careful reading of the account
Plato makes Socrates give of the Oracle's statement and his reaction to it?
a. It shows that the prejudice against Socrates is not justified since the gods a
1) During his speech on the proposal of a penalty, Socrates
a. Expresses his willingness to go to another community so that he can continue his
b. Says that there is nowhere but Athens where he might be allowed to engage in
Out-of-Class Speaking Assignment Form
Name of the Speaker _
Date _ Amount of time (in minutes) the speaker spoke _
Approximate size of audience (number of people in attendance) _
1. Characterize the speaker
1) Which of the following is a set of people who express the same basic opinion about the most
important and dependable guide to the conduct of individual human beings?
a. Antigone, Ismene, Tiresias.
b. Creon, the Sentry, Haemon
c. Haemon, Antigone, the c