DIET 2351: EXAM 1: (CH. 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9)
QUIZ 1 (CH. 3, 4)
1. Which of the following fibers is a nonpolysaccharide?
2. The leading source of added sugars in the American diet is?
Soft drinks and other sugar-sweetened beverages
3. A 2000-kcalorie d
The most potent single predictor of an infants future health status is: The Infants Birthweight
Power struggles over food arise when:
Research suggest that low-birthweight babies may experience any of the following long-term health
effects except? : Grea
1. Nutrient- dense foods: Deliver the most nutrients for the smallest number of kcalories
2. All of the following nutrients are organic except: minerals
3. Orange juice fortified with calcium to help build strong bones is an example of an: functional
1. Which sign of PEM would be unlikely to show up in a physical exam: low serum protein levels
2. Though a dietician or dietetic technician may perform a patients nutrition screening. It should occur
within 24 hours of admission
3. Which type of as
Chapter 1 Overview of Nutrition and Health
1. Minerals and water are organic and yield energy in the human body.
2. An excess intake of any energy nutrient can lead to becoming overweight.
3. The Dietary Reference Intakes reflect the collabo