Study Questions Clinical Microbiology in Health Care Exam I
1. What items are in lab are used as PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)?
Lab coat, face shields, gloves and closed toed shoes.
2. If an objective is view through the 10x ocular and the10x object
Quiz 1(Chapter 1)
1. The Recommended Dietary Allowances: are the foundation of the Dietary Reference
2. Foods such as potato chips, candy and colas are called empty kcalories foods because they:
provide calories but few nutrients
3. Dietary Refer
Chapter 19: Blood Vessels Study Guide Study Guide
1. Compare and contrast the general structure of arteries, veins and capillaries.
2. Compare elastic arteries with muscular arteries, where is each found and what is the
function of each?
Chapter17: Blood Study Guide
1. Describe the composition of blood. Describe blood (characteristics).
The only fluid tissue of the body 8% of body weight Type of connective tissue Formed elements
Blood cells: RBCs, WBCs, platelets, etc. Hematocrit: ~45% RB
Chapter 3 Review
1. What individual was instrumental in the type of what staining technique?
Dr. Hans Christian Gram was responsible for the Gram stain.
2. What two types of lenses are on a light microscope and how do they work?
1. Objective lenses- 4x, 1
Children of ISIS
Tens of thousands of children currently live in ISIS controlled parts of Iraq and Syria, and the
group ISIS is actively recruiting children everyday to be its next generation of fighters. In t
Chapter 1 Study Guide
1. During John Needham's time, what type of boiling was thought to kill all
2. What are viruses, viroids, prions: their compositions & what disease do they cause?
Viruses- nucleic acid (either DNA or RNA) pac
Chapter 16: The Endocrine System Study Guide
Compare and contrast the nervous and endocrine systems. Include communication,
adaptation, speed, and location of effects.
Communication electrical impulses and