There is no significant difference between the population mean of La Plaza Mall and The National
There is significant difference between the population mean of La Plaza Mall and The National Average
Lab Assignment 10
1. Conduct a one way between subjects ANOVA by hand
A researcher would like to compare political participation attitudes at three universities.
Higher scores indicate positive attitudes, while low
Final Study Sheet
The concepts and statistical tests listed below are likely to be on the final exam. The final will be held in
a computer lab, and you are strongly encouraged to use SPSS for computations; however you must be
able to interpret the meaning
In this chapter we learned about the informative information about child development and the stages
that come along with it. Majority of the terms that we covered in class were very familiar to me since I
have taken psychology classes in the past semester
Research Methods Exam 3
Chapters 11,12,13,14 & 3
KNOW THESE DEFINITIONS AND CONCEPTS:
Milgrams obedience experiment-study of obedience to authority figure
Scientist, Milgram of Yale Univ, (1960s) set up shock experiment to measure
Research Methods Exam 2
KNOW THESE DEFINITIONS AND CONCEPTS:
- Focuses on people behaving in
natural settings & describing their
world in their own words.
- Emphasize collecting in-depth
STUDY GUIDE FOR Psyc3332-01 EXAM III
Chapter 9 (Early Childhood: Cognitive Development)
Describe the age range of preoperational stage of cognitive development.
According to Piaget, the preoperational stage of cognitive development lasts from
Guthrie -Chapter 8
His most basic work was The Psychology of Learning (1935, revised in 1952)
His style of writing was easy and humorous, involving many homespun anecdotes to exemplify his ideas
There are no technical terms or mathematical equations in hi
Chapter 7 - Ivan Petrovich Pavlov
1904- he won a Nobel Prize for his work on the physiology of digestion
He did not begin his study of the conditioned reflex until he was fifty years old
Many psychology texts mistakenly claim that Pavlov discovered the co
Knowledge Representation: Images and Propositions
What is an Analog representation, what is a symbolic representation, and what is a
An analog representation preserves the physical similarity of the objects. A pic
Sensation & Perceptions
Sensation & Perceptions - (Pain, olfaction, pheromones, & synesthesia)
How many senses do we have?
If youre like most people, you probably guessed the 5 senses.
6th sense- (not precognition or c
Symptoms and causes
Depression that is divorced from reality, that is not justified by events in
the depressed persons life, may be considered pathological.
~5% of adults in America have clinically significant depression.
1. What is parasuicide?
a. a failed attempt to commit suicide
b. a murder followed by a successful suicide
c. a successfully committed suicide on the first try
d. a successfully committed suicide after many tries
2. The young lady whos father committed su
Topic 10 - Elements of Genetics
Questions: A. observations on One Coin
1. How has the use of the larger samples from previous laboratory classes affected the percent
Answer: Larger samples give a (lower) smaller percent deviation.
2. Explain wh
TOPIC 8 QUESTIONS
I. Plant Pigments
A. Pigment Chromatography Questions:
1. Why are the various pigments carried different distances up the chromatography paper by the solvent?
Answer: Some pigments have greater affinity for the solvent than other pigment
Topic 11 Gene Expression: Regulation of the lac operon of Bacteria
1. What determines whether or not the lac repressor will be bound to the lac operator?
Answer: Lac repressor binding is determined completely by lactose.
Lactose present = repressor not bo
TOPIC 9 QUESTIONS
I. Cell Nuclei
A. Onion Cell Nuclei Questions
1. What shape are the onion cells?
Answer: square, or box-like or rectangular
2. Based on your measurements of the field of view in Topic 2 of this manual (Table 2-2),
What is the approximate
Topic 13: Population Genetics and Evolution
A. The Effect of Selection on Allele Frequency Questions:
1. If the trend shown in your graph continues, what will be the fate of the hairless allele?
Answer: The hairless alleles will be lost from the rabbit po
Topic 12 - DNA Technology: Gel Electrophoresis of Cellular Nucleic Acid
1. Label the bands and smears as chromosome, plasmid, RNA, or SDS. Picture
2. All lanes of the gel have both chromosomal band
Chapter 1 review
Friday, September 30, 2016
The four D's
Differs due to society and the time
Behavior, ideas have to cause distress to be labeled abnormal
Chapter 3 Quiz 3
1. A graph is a visual representation of the occurrence of behavior over time.
2. You are recording the number of cans of soda you drink each day. On your graph, the x
(horizontal) axis is labele
Chapter 2 Quiz 3
1. Janice recorded the number of times that she checked so her e-mail each day.This is an
example of frequency recording.
2. Janice recorded the numbers of minutes she spent reading her e-mail ea
Chapter 2 Quiz 2
1. Direct assessment involves recording the target behavior as it occurs.
2. Indirect assessment involves the use of interviews or questionnaires to gather
3. Match the following ter
Chapter 1 Quiz 3
1. Behavior is defined as what people do and say.
2. Ron eats too much candy each day. Is this an example of a behavioral deficit or
behavioral excess? Behavioral excess
3. Ron does not exercise
Chapter 3 Quiz 1
1. A(n) graph is a visual representation of the occurrence of behavior over time.
2. In a graph, the y axis shows the level of behavior.
3. In a graph,the x axis shows the units of time.
4. In an
Sex Quiz Questions
Women are more likely to initiate sexual activity when: estrogen levels are high
Which of the following mate-selection preferences is stronger for men than for women?
Which hormone is likely to be found more abundantly in f
Chapter 2 Quiz 1
1. There are two types of behavioral assessment; Direct assessment and Indirect
2. The first step in developing a behavior recording plan is to define the behavior you want
Chapter 3 Quiz 2
1. In a graph, ,what is represented on the y (vertical) axis? behavior and dimension
2. In a graph, ,what is represented on the x (horizontal) axis? Unit of time
3. What two phases are represente
1. (1.1) What is developmental science, and what factors stimulated expansion of
the field (p. 5)
developmental science - study of constancy and change throughout the lifespan
Theory - integrated statements that Describes, Explains, and Predic
This rubric will assess the student's contribution to the discussion board on the following criteria: Critical thinking,
Content/connections, Organization/uniqueness, Timeliness/length and Grammar/spelling.