1) Which two individuals are the presiding officers of the state legislature?
Speaker of the House (house of representatives) *Joe Strauts & Lt. Governor (senate) *David Duehurst
2) The procedural powers of the presiding officers of the legisla
1) What three political cultures did political scientist David Elazar identify?
Moralistic: gov is (+), people serve not for personal gain
Individualistic: gov not concerned of good society, not obligation of citizens
Traditional: power t
1) Know the Articles of the Texas Constitution.
2) A constitution promotes _legitimacy_if the general public agrees that the government
has the right to
govern its citizens.
4) A unitary system of government means there is_one central gove
Chapter 8 Review:
1) Who are the Killer Bees, Killer WASPs, and the Killer Ds?
2) In Texas, how does a bill become a law?
3) In the Texas legislature, how is a bill killed?
Hostile committee by presiding off
2) What roles do citizens expect governors to play?
Chief Policy Makers
3) What are the three formal powers of the Governor?
Leader of Politica
Texas Politics 1133
Review Sheet Exam One
This first exam will cover chapters 1, 3, 7, 8, 9, film questions, and class lecture notes.
There will be a total of 50 multiple choice exam questions. *No baseball caps or caps of any kind