September 27, 2015
Chapter 4 Review Questions
1. In community health, diseases are usually classified as acute or chronic, and as communicable
( infectious) or noncommunicable ( noninfectious).
2. In acute diseases, the symptom
Chapter 3 Review Questions
1. Epidemic- an unexpectedly large number of cases of an illness specific health- related behavior
or other health- related event in a particular population
Pandemic- an outbreak of disease ov
October 25, 2015
Glossary Check 2
1. Geriatrics: Pg. 138. Epidemiology of Aging. Def: Specialty medical treatment for the old aged.
2. Guardianship: Pg. 249 Intervention In the lives of vulnerable older adults. Def: The legal ri
September 30, 2015
Chapter 5 Review
1. Community organizing- a process by which community groups are helped to identify common
problems or change targets mobilize resources and develop and implement strategies for
1. Health care in the United States is delivered by an array of providers, in a variety of settings,
under the watchful eye of regulators, and paid for in a variety of ways. Because of this process,
many question the notion that the United States has a he
1. It is one of the four prevalent issues in the United States.
2. Mental health- emotional and social well-being including ones psychological resources for
dealing with day- to- day problems of life.
3. People who have good mental health are able to do t
PA302 Test #1
1. In a hypothesis, the presumed effect is the:
a. dependent variable.
b. independent variable.
2. Suppose you were interviewing people about their views on gun control. You ask the respondents the
Chapter 9 review questions
1. Some signs are seeing a numerous amount of older people all the time, assisted living homes,
retirement homes, and senior- citizens places.
2. Old- 65 and up, young old-65-74, middle old 75-84, old old 85 and up
3. Aged- the
October 24, 2015
Chapter 8 Review
1. Viewing age group profiles enables public health workers to detect the sources of diseases,
injury, and death for specific priority populations and to propose programs to reduce those