VelasquezChapter 2 Reading and Review Sheet
1. To what does the question of Human Nature refer in philosophy?
2. Moritz Schlick argues for the theory of motivation called psychological egoism. What is this view and who else
holds this view?
3. Why are our
Chapter 3: Reality and MatterVelasquez
Sections 3.1 & 3.2
To what do we refer when we use the term Metaphysics?
To what do we refer when we use the term Metaphysical Materialism?
What is the o
Chapter 7 Exam review guide (Revised 4/21/2014)
1. How does Velasquez define morality?
2. What is the primary focus or question of each of the following: character ethics, utilitarianism, Kantian
deontology, ethical egoism, divine command theory, natural
Chapter 5: The Sources of KnowledgeVelasquez
Section 5.1Why is Knowledge a Problem?
1. To what do we refer when we use the term Epistemology?
2. Epistemology is said to be basic to all other philosophical inquiries. What three questions does
13 February 2015
Just Do it, or Dont?
We, as in a society as a whole should not just say the first thing that comes into
our minds. It is often okay to do so if what is said is rational, but majority of the time the
first thing that comes