1. The cyclic electron flow that occurs via Photosystem I produces ATP
2. The water necessary for photosynthesis provides the electrons to replace the lost electrons in
3. The light-dependent reactions of photosynthesis resemble aerobic res
Expected Learning Outcomes 1) define the process of natural selection 2) distinguish between the patterns of stabilizing, disruptive, and directional selection and provide examples of each pattern 3) describe how the process of natural selection has produ
Ch. 52 Populations, Practice Quiz 1) A biologist reported that a sample of ocean water had 5 million diatoms of the species Coscinodiscus centralis per cubic meter. What was the biologist measuring? 1) _ A) quadrats B) density C) range D) dispersion E) ca
BIOL 1404Study Guide for Test #4
1. What are the two deuterostomate phyla covered in lecture and what makes them
Test 1 and Test 2
Plant form and growth
1.Diagram a typical plant shoot. Label the leaf, node, internode, apical and axillary buds.
2.Add to this diagram and describe a phytomere.
Recently, there was a case involving the $765 million dollar suit involving the NFL and liability
against concussions and other head injuries. Before this recent lawsuit was made, the NFL had
already changed rul
Bio 2 exam 1 info:
Not all known, only about 1.5 million.
10-15 million best range
Natural Historians- observed and described what they found
o Understood patterns of diversity on Earth
Natural Selection- circ
Hamiltons Rule: (sum of b * r > C)
Example: b=2 babies, c=3 babies; help 1 sister, 2 daughters, & 1 uncle.
Sis (2)(1/2) + daughter (2)(1/2) + daughter (2)(1/2) + uncle (2)(1/4) = 3.5 > 3
Should be altruistic, because benefit is greater than co
Genome- can adapt
May be crystallized & remain infectious for long period of time
Can promote: lateral gene transfer
Genome- DNA or RNA
Capsid (protein)- helica
The next 6 questions refer to the paragraph below:
In the lichen, Lobaria pulmonaria, a filamentous cyanobacterium of the genus Nostoc is
the photosynthetic partner in this symbiosis
1. Involves plants making food by using
2. Requires energy to produce glucose
3. Occurs within the chloroplasts
4. In order to release oxygen back into
the atmosphere and create sugar,
requires water (Non-cyclic), sunlight
1. What functions are played by circulatory systems? What
factors make a circulatory system necessary?
Circulatory systems are needed by large organisms to
deliver nutrients throughout body.
2. How is each of the following arranged in a mammalian