BLAW 11 MWF
Ferrell V Mikula
False Imprisonment/Infliction of Emotional Distress
Georgia, Reconsideration denied
- Friday August 6, 2006, Racquel and Kristie went to Ruby Tuesday
- The girls were followed closely on the highw
BLAW 11am MWF
Bad Checks CASE 4-3
State v. Kelm, New Jersey
Defendant (real-estate broker) found guilty of issuing back check.
(Sentenced to concurrent custodial terms of 4 years consecutive to any sentence imposed by the
State of Delaware
Reed v. king
California Court of Appeals 1983
- Doris Reed purchased a house from Robert King
- 10 years prior a woman and her four children were murdered in the home.
- She sues seeking rescission
Catamount Slate Products, Inc. v. Sheldon
- On trial court the parties had reached a binding settlement agreement.
- Since 1997 the parties have been litigating the Reeds right to operate their slat
Denney v. Reppert
(Commonwealth of Kentucky), not the state of Kentucky Court of Appeals, 1968
- June 12th or13th in 1963 in Eubank, Kentucky:
- Three armed men entered the First State Bank, wit
In Re The Score Board, INC.
United States District Court, D. New Jersey, 1999
- Spring of 1996, 17-year old Kobe Bryant declared his intention to forego college and enter
the 1996 lottery draft of
Administrative Law: consists of substantive and procedural riles created by administrative
Administrative agencies: a governmental body responsible for the control and supervision
of a particular activity of area of public interest.
Lucy vs. Zehmer
SUPREME COURT OF APPEALS OF VIRGINIA
194 VA. 493, 84 S.E.2D 516 (1954)
Facts: The Lucys wanted to purchase some land from the Zehmers and had bet that
the Zehmers wouldnt accept $50,000 for the land. In response the Zehmers bet that
A contract is a legal enforceable agreement that is created when two or more
competent parties agree to perform, or to avoid performing, certain acts they have a
legal right to do and that meet certain legal requirements.
The UCC defines a cont
Teresa Harris vs. Forklift Systems, Inc.
Harris is a manager at Forklift Systems
Insulated by defendants president bc of her gender and subjected to sexual
He told Harris he would stop when she complained to him but he continued
to do t
Pearsall v. Alexander
D.C. Court of Appeals 1990
- Friends for over 25 years, twice a week they would get together and drink and play the
scratch offs in front of the television
- These friends had b
IACONO v. LYONS
Court of Appeals of Texas 2000, rehearing denied
- Mary Iacono, the plaintiff below and appellant here, appeals from a take-nothing summary
judgment rendered in favor of Carolyn Lyon
REA v. PAULSON
Oregon, 1994 Court of Appeals
- On January 31, 1988, Ms. Rea died leaving four children and a home she had purchased in
Rainier. At the time she left all four children equal shares.
McDonalds Hot Coffee Case
Elderly lady spilled McDonalds hot coffee between her legs and suffered thirddegree burns.
She sought to settle the case for $20,000 but McDonalds refused.
Experts testified that liquids above
Invitations Seeking Officers
Lefkowitz v. Great Minneapolis Surplus Store, Inc.
- An appeal for $138.50 as damages for breach of contract
- The defendant refused to sell the plaintiff a certain fur piece which was off
BLAW 11 MWF
White v. Samsung Electronics America, INC.
- Vanna White Sued Samsung Electronics and David Deutsch for the infringement of
various intellectual property rights
- A series of advertisements ran at le
Failure to Warn
KELSO v. BAYER CORPORATION
US Court of Appeals 2005
- Ted Kelso sued Bayer Corp. for strict product liability of a defective moisturizing spray.
- He used this continuously for more than 3 years until
Scope of Liability (Proximate Cause)
PALSGRAF v. LONG ISLAND RAILROAD CO.
New York, 1928
- The train was moving as two men ran forward to catch it; one of the men got onboard
without mishap, the other jumped aboard and
ESTATE OF JACKSON v. DEVENYNS
Supreme Court of Wyoming, 1995
- Feb 9, 1993, George Jackson and his neighbors Karen and Steve Devenyns drafted and
signed a document which reads:
George Jackson ag