1. A plant of genotype C/C ; d/d is crossed to c/c ; D/D, and the F1 is testcrossed. If the
genes in question are unlinked, the percentage of doub
Regulation of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes
Section 12.1 (Transcriptional regulation in eukaryotes: an overview)
1. In eukaryotes, transcriptional gene control is mediated by:
A) trans-acting factors binding to cis-act
The Genetics of Bacteria and Their Viruses
Section 5.1 (Working with microorganisms)
1. A bacterium that is unable to grow on minimal medium is said to be:
Section 6.1 (Interactions between the alleles of a single gene: variations on
1. The gene C codes for the membrane-associated protein C, responsible for signal
transduction. A mutant allele o
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
Section 18.1 (Detecting genetic variation)
1. Which of the following is a question that population genetics would address?
A) How does cancer spread from one tissue to another?
B) How does the cell
Evolution of Genes and Traits
MULTIPLE-CHOICE & TRUE/FALSE QUESTIONS
Section 20.1 (Evolution by natural selection)
1. Which of the following is/are NOT a principle of Darwinian evolution?
A) There is variation in morphology, physiology, and beh
Large-Scale Chromosomal Changes
Section 17.1 (Changes in chromosome number)
1. A particular hybrid species is defined as 3n = 12. It is discovered that at meiosis, pairing is
always univalent + bivalent (never trivalen
Mutation, Repair, and Recombination
Section 16.1 (Phenotypic consequences of DNA mutations)
1. A mutation that changes the codon UAA to the codon UAG in a mammalian cell line
is called a(n):
A) synonymous mutation.
The Genetic Control of Development
Section 13.1 The genetic approach to development
1. A morphogen is a molecule that induces:
A) cells to undergo cellular division.
B) cells to increase in size.
C) various responses i
Genomes and Genomics
Sections 14.1, 14.2 (The genomics revolution, Obtaining the sequence of a genome)
1. The genome of Hemophilus influenzae, the first free-living organism to have its genome
sequenced, is how large?
The Inheritance of Complex Traits
Section 19.1 (Measuring quantitative variation)
1. A high variance indicates that:
A) the mean value is very high.
B) most values are very close to the mean.
C) most values are higher
The Dynamic Genome: Transposable Elements
Section 15.1 (Discovery of transposable elements in maize)
1. Which of the following scientists discovered the Ac-Ds transposable elements in maize?
A) Marcus Rhoades
Plant form and growth
1. Diagram a typical plant shoot. Label the leaf, node, internode, apical and axillary buds.
2. Add to this diagram and describe a phytomere. Explain how plant growth differs from
3. Explain how you would tell if somet
Texas Tech University Diversity Week 2016
Diversity Week Student Organizations Poster Campaign
All week long throughout the SUB
What Makes You Different? Hosted by the Rec Center- Student Recreation Center
Cultural Attire hosted by In
Food additives are substances added to food to preserve flavor or enhance its taste and
appearance. The use of food additives are by no means some new kind of science as they have
been around for centuries. Controversy regarding the use of food additives
COMS 2300 Quiz 2 Review*
Quiz 1 will take place on Discussion Day 2 of Week 12. The quiz consists of 15 multiple choice or T/F
questions (30 total points) and 5 short answer questions (20 total points). You will have 35 minutes to
complete the quiz. You c
Debate Preparation: Annotated Bibliography
Due Discussion Day 2 of Week 8
Instructions: In preparation for your debate next week, you and your partner will need to work together on
the following assignment. If you are unable to meet in p
Organic Chemistry I 3305:001
Multiple Choice Circle the correct letter for the following fifteen questions and record the your answers
on the provided scantron.
1. Which product of the following reaction best follows the Zaitsev Rule?
2. Put the fo
Data and observations
-changed from orange to yellow after sitting on the hot plate and stirring.
-after we filtered the soln through the celite, it came out cloudy and white.
-after centrifuging we could see the clear separation, where the celite and the
Change from orange to yellow when we put it on the hot plate to stir.
Once we filtered the solution through the Celite in the Buchner funnel it came out cloudy.
After we put it through the centrifuge the white cloudy part was on the bott
Race is essential to understanding the home front during World War II and the manner in which
the war was fought.
2. The New Deal is an example of the federal government responding effectively to the needs of its
3. The rise of
PSY 1300 Research Experience Requirement
As you will learn in this class, psychology is a science, which means it relies on research using
the scientific method to gain new knowledge. Given how important research is to psychology,
you are required to gain
COMS 2300 Quiz 2 Review*
Chapter 4: Listeners and Speakers
Barriers to Active Listening
Anticipate Obstacles to Active Listening, Minimize External and Internal
Distractions, Guard against Scriptwriting and Defensive Listening, Beware o
El Paso Community College
Principles of Macroeconomics 2301
Summer mtwrf 11:00am-12:50pm
Instructor: Dr. Boris D. Higgins
Office Hours: By Appointment
Location: Faculty Lounge 2nd Floor B-Building
1) A short-run change in _ is referred to as a business cycle.
A) the growth rate of output
B) the aggregate price level
C) the currency exchange rate
D) the expenditure incurred by the government
2) Which of the following fall
History 2301-152History of the United States since 1877
Dr. Randy D. McBee
148 Holden Hall
Office Hrs: Mondays and Wednesdays, 11:30-1:00
and by appointment. (Dr. McBee will also hold some office
hours in Holden Hall 202)
-the time it took for the indicator to turn from blue to clear yellow decreased as the amount of sodium
-the slope of the graph produced when comparing ln(% t-BuCl remaining) vs time was almost perfectly
straight, with on