A modern view of the universe
Astronomical unit, speed of light, light-year (-hour, -minute, -second)
Your cosmic address, the planets and their distances from the Sun
Difference between a star, a planet, an asteroid, a comet, and a galaxy
ASTRONOMY 1400 LAB FINAL REVIEW
Be able to define the following.
Right ascension and Declination
Know the Declination of the following
North Celestial Pole
South Celestial Pole
Astronomy Questions 2
1. Photon one has twice the frequency as photon two, this also mean that photon
Twice the energy as photon two
2. The mass of Jupiter can be calculated by
Measuring the orbital period and semi major axis (which is its distanc
Astronomy Questions 3
1. The ultimate source of energy that powers the sun is
A mass potential energy from hydrogen fusing into helium being converted to radiant
2. Newton made a powerful realization that shattered Platos separation of the heavens
Astronomy Questions 5
1. Which of the following is true?
The Moon is moving farther away from the Earth at a rate of 3.8 centimeters a year.
2. If you are standing on the surface of a planet that has no atmosphere (you are of course
wearing tour space sui
Astronomy Questions 1
1. We saw in class that a hot gas (such as hydrogen or helium or neon)
An emission line spectrum which is characteristic of the gas.
2. An object emits of 510 nanometers. Which of the following is true?
The object has a gre
Astronomy Questions 4
1. Which of the following is an example of conservation of momentum (angular or
All the above
2. The thermal emission spectrum from a dense object depend upon
The objects temperature
3. When an electron in an atom jumps f