1. Why does ServerC fail to come online in Server Manager?
a. ServerC is not set up to function as the Domain member server or controller.
2. Why cant you open the Active Directory Users and Computers console properly at this time?
Introduction to Directory Services
Directory Service provides a central repository for storing and managing information. Almost any kind
of information can be stored, from identity profiles and access privileges to information about
application and networ
E[F!unnlng] - Ciacie HM Lriit'JiECX X
We Machine View Input Device: Hair:
'1' UracleVM \irtuaiEir Manager
E Server Manager
Copyright@ 2013 Mitrosoft Corpnratmnr AH right; reserved.
.rt Wrrmews 2011
I Windows Server 2,0!j
1. What is the network path to the ISO file share?
2. What is the network path to the Software file share?
3. What is the network path to the Document
lell-:le;elt'ulln(lcn: ll; [Rulrlrmg] , ClClEIlel 'rlllualex
Flle Mathlne ulew Input Deuce: Help
E Server Manager
Copyrlght 2013 Mlerusurt Corporatlon. All were reservedl
I Windo rs Ser
2[Rulrlrmg] - Olatle m 'villualEEX
Directory services to me is a single point in which a user can locate resources and services througthout
the network. This customizable information store also gives administrators a single point for managing its
objects and their attributes. A genuine dir
Excersice 1.1 Questions
1. What should you do if the drive on which you want to install Windows Server
2012 R2 already has a partition on it containing an operating system and data
you do not need?
a. Remove the file.
2. What should you do if the Where do
Lesson 15 Questions
1. What must you do to assign the same Group Policy settings to the systems in all three of the OUs
you just created?
a. When you link a Group Policy object to the domain, it causes all the Organizational Units
After this lesson, you will be able to:
Implement Active Directory database optimization.
Implement Active Directory metadata cleanup.
Implement Active Directory snapshots.
Estimated lesson time: 25 minutes
Active Directory database optimization
March 10, 2016
1. Why is a zone for the root domain of your DNS namespace already present in the Forward
Lookup Zones folder?
a. When the DNS server is installed, the lookup zones are already added to the Active
Lesson 17 Questions
1. How can you tell which of the policies in the Security Options folder have changed settings in the
Default Domain Policy GPO?
a. If you select the settings tab in the Group Policy Management console, and choose
1. Notice that the wizard automatically adds a value to the Subnet mask text box. Where did this
value come from?
a. The wizard automatically added a value because it believed that the IP address was a
part of Class A.
1. What share permissions does a newly added group receive by
a. Allow Read
2. Why are you unable to modify or delete the budget file?
a. Because of the file and sharing permissions created for the
folder Spreadsheet for Domain Users which is All
Lesson 2 Questions
1. Why must you set the time zone to Eastern time, even if that is not
where you are currently located?
a. Accurate computer clock time is essential for Active Directory
Domain Services communication. If the server
1. How did the computer obtain its current IP address? How can you determine this?
a. The computer obtained its current IP address from the DHCP server and this can be
determined by running the ipconfig command.
2. Which of
1. Accurate computer clock time is essential for Active Directory Domain Services communication.
If the server is located in a time zone other than the default Pacific zone.
2. If you add multiple servers to the Server Manager interface, they are integrat
Question 1: What Causes the Default Domain Policy GPO to appear here,
even though it is not directly linked to the Prague OU?
All OUs have a Default Domain Policy when its first made and they
dont have to be linked to a
Lesson 3 Questions
1. The three offline disks all use the SCSI bus type, whereas the online
disk uses the ATA bus. Why cant the three offline disks use the ATA
bus as well?
a. ATA can only handle one input command at a time.
2. What a