Experiment 1: Breathing and Acid-Base Balance
The following experiment will demonstrate the usefulness of the bicarbonate buffer system in
regulating carbon dioxide based acidity in the body.
(2) 250 mL Beakers
(1) 100 mL Graduated Cylinder
Micro HWK 3
1. Explain how unicellular microbial cells form multicellular interactions through the development of
Biofilm like to live in communities and interact with one another in an environment speaking a
chemical languages and coordinating
Explain the taxonomic format for
classifying fungi into five phyla.
1. Zygomycotes mostly terrestial, no flagelatyed cells, soft rot, has walls, zygospore
2. Ascomycotes mostly terrestrial, no flagelatted cells, dutch elm disease, chestnut
blight, has wal
MICRO CHPT 5 HWK
1. Contrast the uses for the various types of bacterial growth media, including a selective medium,
a differential medium, and an enriched medium.
Culture media can be devised to select for or differentiate between microbial species. Sele
Micro Essay 1 Test Questions
1. Compare and contrast a bacterial and archaeal cell, include similarities and differences
in structure and function.
Two different microorganisms of prokaryotes divided into bacteria and archaea. Neither have a
Essay 2 Test Questions Micro
1. Compare and contrast sterilization and sanitization; give a detailed description of
techniques used for both.
Sterilization involves the destruction or removal of all living microbes, spores, and
viruses on an object or in
Experiment 2: Negative Staining
Negative Staining provides a more detailed assessment of a microbes morphology, and helps
prevent any distortion of the microbes ultrastructure by the staining procedure. It also makes the
outline of the cells highly visibl
Experiment 3: Gram Staining
Gram staining has been a major breakthrough in the identification and classification of
microorganisms. Gram staining distinguishes microbes broadly in to gram positive and gram negative
groups. These two groups can cause very
Experiment 1: Microscopic Anatomy of the Respiratory System
Visualizing the microscopic anatomy of the respiratory system will aid in your
understanding of its function.
Trachea Digital Slide Image
Lung Tissue Digital Slide Image