1. Cellular organelles and viruses are generally measured in
2. Which of the following phenomena produces magnification?
Ans: the refraction of radiation as it passes
Chapter 16: Adaptive immunity
1. B lymphocytes
Bursa of Fabricius in birds where these cells were first identified
2. The humoral immune response is attributed to the action of
B) T lymphocytes.
C) B lymphocytes.
Microbiology Final Lab
1. Identify the shapes of organisms using negative staining technique.
1. Put one drop of culture on one side of the slide with a wire loop
2. Add one drop of Nigrosin on top of the cultures drop do not let bacteria dry
Chapter 15: Innate immunty
Protection from infection known as species resistance is a result of?
Ans: both the absence of necessary receptors and lack of suitable environment in
1. Species Resistance (1)
Ans: (Humans are immune to some pathogens
1. 1) Antoni van Leeuwenhoek was the first person in history to
A) use a magnifying glass.
B) develop a taxonomic system.
C) view protozoa and bacteria.
D) disprove spontaneous generation.
E) prove the germ theory.
2. 2) The microbes comm
Chapter 18: Other immune disorders
1. plasma cells release IgE that stimulate Type I Hypersensitivities
Antigens which stimulate allergic response are called
2. Which of the following bind to the constant region of IgE?
1. using a microscope, you observe an amoeba moving toward a food source.
this is an example of _.
2. A bacterial cell moving toward light would be an example of_.
Ans: positive photoaxis
3. Which of the following is NOT a c
1. Which of the following is a particle found in the nucleus of an atom and that
has no electrical charge?
2. Which of the following subatomic particles does NOT have a charge?
3. An atom is electrically neutral when