Mailing Address: 1450 W. Grand Parkway S.,
Suite G-158, Katy, Texas 77494
832-279-2710 Cell Janeen Allen
INTERNATIONAL SYSTEM OF UNITS (SI)
- formerly the Metric System
POWER OF TEN
D or da
POWER OF TEN
INCLUDING ANTIPLATELETS, ANTICOAGULANTS, FIBRINOLYTICS, AND ANTIFIBRINOLYTICS
GENERAL PHYSIOLOGY/ PATHOPHYSIOLOGY
Hemostasis is a process of maintaining blood fluidity (vice-versa preventing thrombosis), repairing vascular injury,
Staff Uniform Request / Record Form
Uniforms Issued between 9am-12pm
(See reverse for uniform allowance)
Please complete details in BLOCK CAPITALS
Ward / Department
Full Time / Part Time Hours
New Member of Staff State Date of
Drug in Class
S/S of Hypo and Hyperkalemia:
Therapeutic Potassium Levels:
PATIENT TEACHING PLAN
Directions: Teaching Plan is worth 100 points. Each clinical will required a Patient
Teaching Plan(s) as denoted on Required Paperwork Form in meeting clinical
guidelines. Please refer to your clinical faculty member f
1. The nurse is teaching the mother of a 5-year-old boy with a myelomeningocele who has
developed a sensitivity to latex. Which of the following responses from his mother
indicates a need for further teaching?
He needs to get a medical alert i
1. The nurse is teaching the mother of a toddler about burn prevention. Which response by
the mother indicates a need for further teaching?
We will leave fireworks displays to the professionals.
I will set our water heater at 130 degrees.
1. The nurse is conducting a physical examination of a toddler with suspected lead
poisoning. Lab results indicate blood lead level 52 g/dL. Which action would the nurse
expect to happen next?
Repeat testing within 2 days and prepare to begin
1. An 8-year-old girl was diagnosed with a closed fracture of the radius at approximately 2
p.m. The fracture was reduced in the emergency department and her arm placed in a
cast. At 11 p.m. her mother brings her back to the emergency departme
1. The nurse is teaching a couple about the pros and cons of genetic testing. Which of the
following statements best describes the capabilities of genetic testing?
Various genetic tests help the physician choose appropriate treatments.
1. The nurse is caring for a 6-year-old girl who was injured in a bicycle accident. Which
question would be most important for the nurse to ask during the health history?
Has she been diagnosed with any chronic disorders?
Is your daughter curr
1. The nurse is obtaining a health history from parents whose 4-month-old boy has
congenital hypothyroidism. Which of the following would the nurse most likely assess?
The child has above-normal growth for his age.
The child is active and play
1. While providing care to a 5-month-old girl whose family has a history of food allergies,
the nurse instructs the parents about foods to be avoided in the first year of life. Which
response by the parents indicates a need for further teachin
1. The nurse is teaching the mother of a 12-year-old boy about the risk factors associated
with drug and alcohol abuse. Which response by the mother indicates a need for further
A family history of alcoholism is a risk factor for sub
1. The nurse is caring for a 16-year-old boy with acute myelogenous leukemia who is
having chemotherapy and who has incomplete records for varicella zoster
immunization. Which of the following will be the priority nursing diagnosis?