1. Pine Valley Furniture Case Exercises
a. How were Pine Valley Furnitures projects initiated? What is the focus for
each of the new systems?
The initiation of projects were started by submitting the system service request. In this
scenario customer track
1 Pine Valley Case Exercises
a. Construct a context data-flow diagram, illustrating the Customer Tracking Systems
Construct a level-0 diagram for the Customer Tracking System.
Using the level-0 diagram that you constructed above, select one o
a. What entities are identified in the above scenario? Can you think of additional entities? What
interrelationships exist between the entities?
Entities identified are customers, Orders, Inventory and promotion.
Customers can be described by customer pro
1) User testing of a completed information system using simulated data refers to: alpha testing
2) User testing of a completed information system using real data in the real user environment
refers to: beta testing
3) Which of the following are designed d
Pine Valley Furniture Case Exercise 01
a.How did Pine Valley Furniture go about developing its information systems?
Why do you think the company chose this option? What other options were
The method Pine valley furniture use to develop the appl
1) The cabling, hardware, and software used to connect workstations, computers, and file servers
located in a confined geographical area describes a: local area network
2) In a basic LAN environment, all data manipulation occurs: at the workstations where
1) A computing server where data analysis functions primarily reside best defines: application
2) Which of the following combines three logical and distinct applications (data management,
presentation, and analysis) into a single information system
Pine Valley Furniture Case Exercises 2
a. While eating lunch one day, Juanita asked Chris about the benefits of
becoming a project management professional. Briefly make a case for
becoming a project management professional.
Project management professional
1. Pine Valley Case Exercises
a. Because Pete Polovich is organizing a JAD session for the first time, he
would like to locate additional information about organizing and conducting
a JAD session. Visit one of the Web sites recommended in the textbook or
1) Testing to assure that data conforms to a standard format is the purpose of the: pictures
templates validation test
2) "Please wait while I open the file" is an example of: status information
3) Using lists to break information into manageable pieces c
1) Which of the following is a true statement? According to Kaplan 2002, some organizations are
spending as much as 60 - 80 percent of their software budget on maintenance.
2) Which of the following maintenance cost elements is the most significant? Custo
1) The largest systems development expenditure for many organizations is: systems maintenance
2) Once an information system is installed, it is essentially in the: maintenance phase
3) The last phase of the systems development life cycle is: maintenance
Which of the following best describes a value chain?
A set of activities that adds value throughout the organization
A value chain is a set of activities that adds value throughout the organization.
Employees look to add more value to a process by acquiri
Which of the following statements is true of relational database
management systems (RDBMSes)?
RDBMSes are not easily scalable in response to peaks in
demand. An RDBMS attempts to balance efficiency of storage
needs, ease of retrieval, and other factors b
Roshanda, who works for a major retailer located in Seattle, wants to
check the availability of merchandise at one of her firms stores, as
well as the pricing and quantity information on the last batch of
merchandise ordered by the store.
Which network is
Which of the following consist of 3D environments where people
can interact using personalized avatars?
Virtual worlds consist of 3D environments where people can
interact using personalized avatars. Virtual worlds are increasingly
being used for educatio
1) Presenting or collecting information on a single item is the purpose of a: form
2) The type of document that is used to convey information on a collection of items is a: report
3) Which of the following is not a true statement? Every input form will be
1) In reference to the general guidelines for displaying tables and lists, which of the following
statements is not true? A blank line should be placed between every ten rows in long columns.
2) The general guidelines for displaying tables and lists inclu
1) Interface design focuses on: how information is provided and captured from users
2) The deliverable and outcome from system interface and dialogue design is: the creation of a
3) A method by which users interact with information sy
1) The input device that is most accurate for text selection is the: mouse
2) When designing the navigation procedures within your system, the primary concerns are:
flexibility and consistency
3) Which of the following functional requirements are required
Which of the following best describes reverse pricing?
Customers specify the product they want and how much
they are willing to pay for it. For example, Priceline.com matches
customers bids with offers from different companies.
Menu-driven pricing is the