1. Which of the following provides insulation in the form of myelin sheaths for neuronal axons?
D) Schwann cells
E) nodes of Ranvier
2. Which statement about neurons is false?
A) Information flow in a neuron:
LAB REPORT - 1
The use of Spectrophotometer and Beers Law
3 10-3M sock solution of phenolphthalein ( MW = 313.88) in 50% Ethanol
Unknown Phenolphthalein Solutions, #1 and # 2
0.1M NaOH ( In the protocol 1M NaOH was given, b
Ethical issues related to gene therapy
Bioethics BIOL 5736
University of Houston Clear Lake
In this report we raised some ethical concerns and issues related to gene therapy and
gene therapy procedures. The inf
Why is this
Help advance your
As a student and beyond
Explore values, morals
Learn to think critically
Learn to think
Learn to listen
Speaking in public
Stick with what you know
1. As you are sitting here taking this exam, which of the following would not be active? (This is
not a trick question!)
A) Sensory receptors
B) Autonomic nervous system
C) Brain stem
D) Limbic system
E) A-D would all be active.
2. Occipital lobe
1. Which of the following is false concerning the response of the eyes to viewing a distant
object outside in daylight?
A) The irises will adjust to allow the appropriate amount of light to enter the eyes.
B) The lens will accommodate and widen, or become
1. At the neuromuscular junction, the depolarization of the post-synaptic cell
A) involves the opening of chemically-gated Na +channels in the post-synaptic cell
B) involves the release of acetylcholine by the pre-synaptic cell
C) the opening of voltage-g
1. Which of the following statements about human reproduction is false?
A) Oogenesis results in the formation of 4 viable ova from each primary oocyte.
B) The fusion of the sperm nucleus and egg nucleus forms the diploid zygote and completes
1. Which of the following is false concerning hormone "A"?
A) It produced by endocrine cells of the posterior pituitary.
B) It is a neurohormone.
C) It is made in the hypothalamus.
D) A and B are correct.
E) B and C are correct.
2. Which of the fol
1. An endotherm would respond to a temperature decrease below its' lower critical temperature
with all of the following except:
A) increased metabolic rate
B) muscle shivering
C) blood vessel dilation
D) putting a sweater on or fluffing one's fur up.
1. The fact that metabolic reactions have varying Q10 values in response to temperature changes,
is one of the main reasons why an organism must maintain temperature homeostasis of its' body.
2. Which of the following statements is
1. An extreme inhalation/exhalation cycle, like that required to blow up a balloon for example,
would be approximately representative of one's
A) tidal volume
B) residual volume
C) inflatatory capacity
D) vital capacity
E) None of the above.
1. What is the role of the sarcoplasmic reticulum in a muscle fiber?
A) For storage of Ca2+ ions.
B) For protection of the muscle fibers.
C) It helps connect the muscle fiber to the bone.
D) It slides past myosin to produce a contraction.
E) It transfers
Post Lab Report 2
Making solutions and Buffer Efficacy
To fine the PH of different solutions
To study the factors that affect the PH value
To analyze the effects of buffers that contains weak acid and its conjugate base or a
conjugate acid an