Chapter 1 Exam
Which of the following indicates that Tom, the sales manager of Blue Inc., lacks a sense of caring?
Tom encourages employees to bond and work in teams.
Tom focuses on results more than he does on developing employee skills.
Chp 13 Quiz
Which of the following is an advantage of documenting your research sources?
It displays your thorough, detail-oriented approach.
Which of the following aspects of writing business reports relates to the component of
credibility known as compe
Chapter 2 Quiz
Which of the following is characteristic of learner mind-sets?
viewing differences of opinion as normal
working by a firm set of rules and guidelines
displaying an unwillingness to hear other peoples point of view
ascribing negative traits
Chapter 2 Exam
Leading questions are generally open-ended.
When Jamie listens to a customer, she maintains eye contact, nods when appropriate, and ignores
her phone when it gives an incoming message alert. Which active listening skill is she us
Chapter 3 Quiz
1. Lupe is about to lead a problem-solving meeting. Which of the following should she ask her
team to focus on first?
analyzing the current impacts of the problem
considering future consequences if the problem is not solved
agreeing on a de
Chapter 11 Quiz
1. Which of the following helps organizations maintain credibility when delivering bad news?
Answer: providing a clear rationale
2. Ideally, which of the following should a manager avoid when delivering negative performance
Chapter 6 Quiz:
1. To help business writers make their messages easier to read, they should
Answer: use short sentences.
2. In the context of the reviewing process, F in FAIR test stands for _
3. The use of familiar words in business message
Chapter 10 Quiz
1. Which of the following is the first task of persuasive messages?
Answer: gaining attention
2. In the AIDA approach, after gaining attention, the next step is to
Answer: build interest and curiosity
3. The term _ refers to the reasons wh
One of the best ways to understand the needs of a potential employer is to
network with friends and relatives.
represent your employment and education accurately.
take time to analyze your interests and qualifications.
analyze the job position announcemen
Chapter 3 Exam
1. When producing group writing, it is important to ensure that the writing reflects the views of
the group at every stagegathering information, drafting initial findings, and editing the final
Because virtual teams hav
Chapter 4 Quiz
1. While evaluating the various courses available at the University of Radcliffe, Marcie skips over
the language brochures. She believes that learning a new language is unnecessary; English is
considered the global business language and she
Chapter 5 Exam:
1. In order to make business messages more positive, business writers should focus on actions they
can accomplish and demonstrated a realistic optimism. However they should be careful.
Answer: Not to set unrealistic expectations.
Chapter 4 Exam
1. In cultures that are low in uncertainty avoidance
Answer: tasks involving calculated risks, problem solving and experimentation are preferred
2. Meeting times are relaxed in China, and meetings often start 10 to 15 minutes late
According to the SOFTEN model of nonverbal communication, which of the following gestures
conveys warmth to the audience?
keeping your arms to your sides
Which of the following is an important principle for using slides?
Do not spend too much time looking
Chapter 15 Quiz
Which statement about the SOFTEN model of nonverbal communication in presentations is
Keeping your arms to your sides or gesturing with palms up is more inviting to the
Ronald, a manager at Anderson Social Foundation, has t
Chapter 7 Quiz
1. What is the primary advantage of using word processing software to compose important email
Answer: It is better at reviewing text for typos and grammatical problems than email systems.
2. Reply email chains become especially co
Chapter 7 Exam
1. What is cyber silence?
Answer: It is the act of not responding to emails or other digital communications.
2. For informal business phone calls, send your conversation partner an invitation with a
specific call time and an agenda of what
Chapter 8 Exam
1. One advantage of using social media in the workplace is that social media
Answer: ensure quicker access to business expertise and knowledge
2. According to the Coca-Cola social media guidelines, when employees come across negative posts
Chapter 8 Quiz
1. Which of the following guidelines should people who maintain professional blogs follow in order
to be responsive to their readers?
Answer: Read the comments to learn reader concerns
2. Which of the following would a company consider an u
Chapter 9 Quiz
1. Which of the following is most likely to be caused by a failure to set worker expectations in
Answer: breakdowns in working relationships
2. In the case of routine messages, you should aim to create a helpful, professio
Chapter 9 Exam
1. Many routine business messages involve such things as teams coordinating their assignments,
customers buying products, and colleagues asking if they can meet. Such messages are known
2. The tone for most routine messa
Chapter 10 Exam
1. Jerry usually determines what is right, correct, or desirable by seeing what others do.
This is an example of the principle of reciprocation.
2. Persuasive messages are directed to others who resist your ideas, products, or
Chapter 11 Exam:
1. When bad-news message recipients know you are concerned about them, they generally
respond without antagonism and even appreciate your honesty.
2. Which of the following is an ineffective way to soften the blow of a bad-news messa
Chapter 14 Quiz
Most audience members expect your presentation to include
a preview, view, and review.
As with written reports, successful presentations rely on
well-developed takeaway messages.
Which of the following guidelines should be kept in mind whi
In general, survey questions should
be short enough to answer in a few seconds.
cover multiple ideas.
make the researchers biases clear.
require a written explanation of the answer.
have overlapping response choices.
Which of the following is a good pract
Chapter 13 Test
Nearly all reports contain _ to help readers quickly navigate through them.
To project objectivity in a report, you should
ensure that your enthusiasm and strong positive emotion do not appear to cloud your
Chapter 14 Test
When you are giving a presentation, your audience is likely to judge you as caring if you
show that you are interested in the needs of your audience.
When using a story line approach to business presentations, the stories should connect
Chapter 6 Exam:
1. Do not ask others for feedback when you are reviewing your business messages because too
many opinions can muddle your message
2. In the context of the reviewing process the R in FAIR test stands for _