Assignment 2: Portfolio Project- Your Research Topic JAYLON PINKNEY 1134848
1. Review the online ppt lecture: Formulating a research question & Conducting a Lit Review.
Select one of the following 21 research questions to investigate based on your interes
Define the term epidemiology
Define the components of
distribution, morbidity, and mortality)
Name and describe characteristics of
the epidemiologic approach
1. Export restraints, government subsidies, and quotas are all examples of nontariff trade barriers.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: WILL.MGMT.15.8.01b - 8.1b
2. More than any other regional trade agreem
1. The four classical functions of management are (1) making things happen, (2) meeting the competition, (3) organizing
people, projects, and processes, and (4) leading.
The four classical functions of management
1. Which of the following is a condition that must be met if a firm's resources are to be used to achieve a sustainable
b. imperfectly imitable resources
d. entrepreneurial orientation
e. a matr
1. Managers are responsible for doing the basic work in the company.
The manager's job is not to do the basic work in the company, but to help others do their work.
1. Global business:
a. is the buying and selling of goods and services to people from different countries
b. includes any sale of goods and services
c. only involves companies with more than 50 employees
d. refers to sales made to people from different cu
1. Organizational innovation is defined as doing things differently in an organization.
Organizational innovation is the successful implementation of creative ideas in an
1. Global business is defined as the buying and selling of goods and services by people from different countries.
WILL.MGMT.15.8.01 - 8.1
1. Organizational innovation is defined as doing things differently inside an organization.
WILL.MGMT.15.7.01 - 7.1
Creation of Valu
Jaylon Pinkney 1134848
Assignment 4: Qualitative Data
Choose a preferred method of qualitative data collection. Briefly list the advantages and disadvantages.
Construct an argument on WHY this would be your personally preferred method, noting the downfall
(IRB-9) Protocol Application for Survey Research
Institutional Review Board, Office of Research Compliance
SECTION I: General Information
Nature of Study:
(Place an X in the
column. Check only
Name: Jaylon Pinkney
1. Research Question: _ Is there a gender difference in public opinion about homosexuality on UH campus?
A quick explanation of constructs. A Construct is a mental abstractions that we use to express the ideas, people, events
Disagreement between two or more parties due to incompatible
goals, attitudes, emotions, or behaviors.
Bottom line is it takes peoples focus away from doing work.
Common Causes figure 13.1 in the
Two main S
I. Discrimination Laws
I. Law Model
Discrimination Laws (Cont.)
II. Discrimination Laws
A. Private Sector (non-government)
1. Equal Pay Act of 1963
The workforce in world class companies
with a culture of continuous improvement
spend most of their time.Maintaining
A snapshot of a companys financial
position is theBalance Sheet
Imitable vs Imperfectly Imitable.
Differentiation vs. Low Cos
Chapter 3: Part 1
Measures of Morbidity and Mortality
Used in Epidemiology
Define and distinguish among ratios, proportions, and rates
Explain the term population at risk
Identify and calculate commonly used rates for morbidity, mor
Practical Applications of
Discuss uses and applications of epidemiology
Define the influence of population dynamics on community
State how epidemiology may be used for operations
Discuss the c
Broad questions about leadership
Leadership Quotes Identify Themes
Motivation is the desire and/or need to do
something (direction, intensity,
Motivation can come fr
Broad questions and discussion about
THINK most important managerial task
The Alex Tawse theory of happiness
Slides that describe the academic model
What is motivation?
How do we become motivated?
Chapter 3: Part 2
Measures of Morbidity & Mortality
An incidence measure used when members of a
population or study group are under observation
for different lengths of time.
Formulas for Incidence Density
1. While good management is basic to starting and growing a business, once some measures of success has been
achieved, good management becomes less important.