1. Cellular organelles and viruses are generally measured in
2. Which of the following phenomena produces magnification?
Ans: the refraction of radiation as it passes
1. Which of the following is a particle found in the nucleus of an atom and that
has no electrical charge?
2. Which of the following subatomic particles does NOT have a charge?
3. An atom is electrically neutral when
1. using a microscope, you observe an amoeba moving toward a food source.
this is an example of _.
2. A bacterial cell moving toward light would be an example of_.
Ans: positive photoaxis
3. Which of the following is NOT a c
Chapter 18: Other immune disorders
1. plasma cells release IgE that stimulate Type I Hypersensitivities
Antigens which stimulate allergic response are called
2. Which of the following bind to the constant region of IgE?
1. 1) Antoni van Leeuwenhoek was the first person in history to
A) use a magnifying glass.
B) develop a taxonomic system.
C) view protozoa and bacteria.
D) disprove spontaneous generation.
E) prove the germ theory.
2. 2) The microbes comm
Chapter 15: Innate immunty
Protection from infection known as species resistance is a result of?
Ans: both the absence of necessary receptors and lack of suitable environment in
1. Species Resistance (1)
Ans: (Humans are immune to some pathogens
Microbiology Final Lab
1. Identify the shapes of organisms using negative staining technique.
1. Put one drop of culture on one side of the slide with a wire loop
2. Add one drop of Nigrosin on top of the cultures drop do not let bacteria dry
Chapter 16: Adaptive immunity
1. B lymphocytes
Bursa of Fabricius in birds where these cells were first identified
2. The humoral immune response is attributed to the action of
B) T lymphocytes.
C) B lymphocytes.