Chapter 1 - Review Question and Lab
1. Originally, who developed the Linux kernel and for
Linus Torvalds, a computer science student from the University of
Helsinki, developed an operating system kernel with a
multithreaded file system for
Chapter 3 Review Questions
1. What is the most popular wireless LAN technology?
a. The most popular LAN technology is Ethernet
2. Describe how an Ethernet frame is constructed.
a. An Ethernet frame begins with a preamble section that enables a break in ti
Chapter 2 review questions
1. Name some commonly known application layer protocols.
HTTP, FTP, DHCP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, Telnet, SNMP
2. What is HTTP and what do we use it for?
Hypertext Transfer Protocol - used to tr
Chapter 5 - Review Question and Lab
1. How are users categorized? _
Based on the privileges assigned to users, they can be
administrative users, desktop users, and unprivileged users.
2. In Linux, which user has all the privileges? _
Chapter 4 - Review Question and Lab
1. List some of the major tasks that should be accomplished in
the design phase.
Investigation of the requirements for the future network
Development of a logical network model, which should include the