Accounting 2301 - Hybrid - Spring 2017
Lead Professor: Randy Serrett at email@example.com
Partner Professor: Dorothy Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE - Read EVERY word of this syllabus CAREFULLY
and MORE THAN ONCE! Also if you are readi
1. Franklin Roosevelts talented pool of advisers was called the brain trust.
2. The first act passed in March 1933 was the Economy Act, designed to reopen the major
3. The Hundred Days refers to the long waiting period between FDRs
Chapter 22 Quiz
1. Alfred Thayer Mahan was a leading advocate of American sea power and imperialism.
2. In 1887, the United States bought Alaska from Britain for $7.2 million.
a. B. False
3. American missionaries saw Americas expansion as divinely
Chapter 20 Quiz
1. After the Civil War, more people moved to the frontier than to cities.
2. After 1890, most immigrants came from southern and eastern Europe.
3. Frederick Law Olmsted designed Central Park in New York City in the 1850s.
Chapter 23 Quiz
1. The most important progressive reform that democratized government was the direct
2. From 1880 to 1910, the number of women reported in the workforce increased over
3. Settlement houses, such as Hull
Chapter 26 Quiz
1. Harding's Ohio gang was created to help the president promote American interests.
2. The Fordney-McCumber Tariff of 1922 lowered rates on agricultural products.
3. A great concern to the United States and Britain was
Chapter 24 Quiz
1. President Wilson, a pacifist, never allowed U.S. military forces to intervene in Mexico.
2. In 1910, the largest group of hyphenated Americans was from Ireland.
3. He kept us out of war was the 1916 Republican campaign
Chapter 19 Quiz
1. In southern textile mills, women and children outnumbered men as workers.
2. James Buchanan Duke played a key role in the development of the cigarette industry.
3. The southern crop-lien system encouraged the growing of
Chapter 21 Quiz
1. The Democratic party appealed to southern white voters.
2. During the Gilded Age the same party never controlled both the presidency and Congress.
3. The Pendleton Act allowed for the coinage of more silver.
Chapter 25 Quiz
1. One aspect of nativism in the 1920s was fear of recent immigrants who might
be Communists or anarchists.
Chapter 18 Quiz
1. By the 1870s, the United States led the world in agricultural production.
2. Andrew Carnegie consolidated the steel industry into U.S. Steel.
3. John D. Rockefeller gave away over $500 million to charities in his lifeti
Cost-Volume-Profit (CVP) Analysis
Is a powerful tool that helps managers make important
Is a relationship among costs, volume, and profit or loss
Determines how much the company must se
Job-Order vs. Process Costing
Job-Order Costing (CH2)
Process Costing (CH3)
A job is a unique product or batch
Manufacturing costs must be traced
to and accumulated for specific jobs
When finished, total job costs are
EXAM 1 ANNOUNCEMENTS
EXAMS FOR ACCT 2332 ARE ADMINISTERED
AT THE CBB BUILDING COMPUTERIZED
TESTING FACILITY (CASA).
ACCT 2332 EXAMS ARE ADMINISTERED
ONLY IN THE CASA FACILITY LOCATED IN
THE CBB BUILDING AND NOT IN ANY
Final Exam Review Answers:
Other Measurement & Disclosure Issues
Cash Flow Information
S22 & 23
AC1102 Sem 1 AY15/16
Understand that profitability does not
Understand the need for cash flow statement
Identify and analyse the ef
Other Measurement and Disclosure Issues
Accounting Policies, Changes in
Accounting Estimates and Prior
Events after Reporting Period
S19 & 20
AC1102 Sem 1 AY15/16
Determine the effects on the financial
LYB 10K sample
Deferred taxes on the unremitted earnings of certain equity joint ventures and subsidiaries of $51 million and $52
million at December 31, 2015 and 2014, respectively, have been provided to the extent that such earnings are subject
ACCT 2331 Chapter 1 Multiple Choice Review
1. Which of the following is TRUE?
a. Assets = Liabilities + Contributed Capital Retained Earnings
b. Assets Liabilities = Contributed Capital + Retained Earnings
c. Assets + Retained Earnings = Liabilities + Con
Study Guide to accompany Jiambalvo Managerial Accounting
The method that most companies use for external reporting to stockholders and creditors is called
full, or absorption, costing. An alternative meth
167.An examination of the Prepaid Insurance account shows a debit balance of $3,960 at the end of
the accounting period before adjustment. Prepare entries in journal form to record the insurance
expense for the period under each of the following independe
163.Gravel Manufacturing had supplies on hand costing $480 on December 31. During the same
year, supplies costing $320 were purchased, and $640 in supplies were consumed during the
year. What was the cost of supplies on hand on January 1 of that year?
156.Quality Heating Company has the following liabilities at year end:
Unearned Contract Revenue
a. Which of these accounts probably was/were created at the end o
152.What is the purpose of adjusting entries?
153.Distinguish between a deferral and an accrual.
154.In the space below, state whether each situation is a deferral or an accrual.
_a. Unrecorded interest on savings bonds is $765.
_b. Property taxes that ha
Given the following ledger account and postings, complete the Balance column. Assume no
previous postings in the account
Account No. 113
In the journal provided, prepare journal entries without explanations for the following
transactions. Write no entry if none is needed.
a. Received a $1,000 invoice for this month's electricity. Payment will be made in 2 weeks.
b. Paid $1,200 for ins
Provide explanations for the following related journal entries:
a. Prepaid Rent
d. Notes Payable
a. Made a