Chapter 5 Quiz
1. Internal recruitment stifles upward movement of personnel.
2. Which of the following reconciles the forecast of labor supply and demand?
3. Control and evaluation in human resource planning:
Monitors the effectiveness
Chapter 1 and 2 Template
Name: Fatima Parekh
Interpersonal Skills Practice: Nonverbal Behavior in Communication
1. Can a person really "do nothing" in communication?
Even if a person does not speak or involve with p
Fa 10 Chapter 6 Template
Instructor Exercise 6.1 - Developing a Structured Interview Guide
The Interviewer should record responses to each question during the interview.
Immediately after the interview, indicate your reaction to each answe
Spr 10 Chapter 5 Template
Exercise 5.1 - A Turnover Problem at the Fort Lauderdale Herald
A Turnover Problem at the Fort Lauderdale Herald
The director of human resources has asked you to analyze the recruitment and
selection process and the related data
Chapter 3 Template
Exercise 3.1 - Zimpfer v. Palm Beach County
1. Does the evidence indicate that Mr. Zimpfer was a victim of age discrimination
according to ADEA? Why or why not?
According to the evidence, Mr. Zimpfers qualifications ex
Fa10 Chapter 4 Template
NAME: Fatima Parekh
Exercise 4.1 - Writing a Position Description
Form 4.1.1 THE POSITION DESCRIPTION
PART I: ORGANIZATIONAL INFORMATION
1. Name (last, first, middle): Yousuf Raja
2. Date: 10/09/16
3. Job title: Electrical maintena
Chapter 8 Template
Exercise 8.1- Conducting a Needs Assessment
PART A: BACKGROUND INFORMATION OF INTERVIEWEE
Years in the job:
Years in the company:
Highest level of education completed:
PART B: ORG
BY ROBERT J. BARRO
DOES ABORTION LOWER
rime in the U.S. has
1998, the homi-cide
rate was down by
more than one-
third, and the rates for
all violent crime and
property crime were
each down by around
FA10 Chapter 10 Template
Exercise 10.1 - Problems in the Pay System
You have been retained as a consultant to evaluate the situation and make
recommendations for action. Ms. Nance wants your positions on the following:
1. Are the CCUA departme
FA10 Chapter 9 Template
Exercise 9.1 - Attitudes about Older People
For each item, respond by answering True or False in the space provided on the left. Be
candid in choosing the response that best tells what you believe.
1. The majority of
Chapter 3 Quiz
1. The EEOC's definition of an applicant is not relevant to cases of adverse
2. The concept that both employees and employers can terminate an
employment relationship at any time, for any reason other than those covered by
QUIZ Chapter 1
1. Outplacement and promotional decisions are common activities under the HRM domain of
2. Financial or economic capability is derived from an advantage related to costs, when a
business is able to produce or prov
Chapter 14 Quiz
1. The function of the Occupational Safety & Health Review Commission
(OSHRC) agency is to issue standards, conduct inspections, citations, and
2. In civil law, negligence must be established through litigation before any
QUIZ Chapter 2
1. Pepsi provides Heineken with its formula or agrees to supply the cola syrup and Heineken adds
carbonated water, packages it in appropriate containers, and sells it in the Netherlands. Pepsi cannot
enter into a similar agreement with anot
Chapter 8 Quiz
1. Which of the following statements is FALSE regarding employee orientation programs?
Fewer companies are placing their new employees in orientation programs, as the cost does not
outweigh the benefits.
2. Relapse prevention emphasizes the
Chapter 6 Quiz
1. Above all it is important to maintain "fairness" in the selection process. Fairness can be
attained when managers do all of the following except:
Base selection on job related criteria
2. Cognitive ability tests enable the hiring manager
Chapter 4 Quiz
1. Which of the following is a basic principle of work analysis?
he analysis needs to focus on the job, not the person doing the job
2. Information collected for job analysis with the goal to develop a job description,
should focus on gathe
Chapter 10 Quiz
1. _ involves comparing a specific position to the generic descriptors
and deciding which level fits best.
2. The _ pension plan guarantees a specific payment based on a
percentage of pre-retirement income.
Chapter 12 Quiz
1. _ is a perception of fair rule, laws or policies that allocate valued rewards and punishments.
2. _ is an arrangement by which the employee has latitude over the preferred hours he/she
wants to work, as long as he/she
Chapter 7 Quiz
1. Performance refers to the traits, personal characteristics, or competencies of the employee.
2. A "qualified" rater includes an internal or external customer who is the recipient of the performers'
products or services.
Chapter 9 Quiz
1. One way to motivate managers to effectively perform the role of career counselor for their
employees is to link their compensation to positive employee development outcomes.
2. Executive coaching is described as a practical,
Chapter 11 Quiz
1. When there is relatively little differential pay associated with using merit pay
systems, one of the major problems that arise is:
Company has a problem tracking payroll costs.
2. When forced distribution is used to reduce leniency bias
Fall 10 Chapter 7 Template
Exercise 7.4 - Performance Appraisal at Darby Gas & Light
1. After reviewing Exhibit 7.4.2, list what you regard as the major problems with the
form used by the company to evaluate performance.
The major pro