Why are training simulators so expensive to develop?
Because they must have elements identical to those in the work environment.
Which of the following characteristics apply to an experiential training program
The program relates to a specific b
The condition in which all individuals have an equal chance for employment regardless of race,
color, religion, sex, age, disability, or national origin is called (equal em
An employee must join the union within cfw_30 days under a union shop arrangement.
For an employee to be part of a closed shop, he or she must cfw_be a union member before being hired
The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers is a craft union be
1. Barb is frustrated because the feedback she received from her manager didnt explain why she
was being demoted. Which criteria for effective performance management was not part of
Barbs feedback? (specificity)
2. A 360-degree performance appraisal provi
1) T/F? Tax laws can make benefits more favorable to employees than cash compensation: TRUE
2) Which of the following are types of defined-contribution plans? Profit-sharing plan, money purchase
plan, and employee stock ownership plan.
3) A retirement pla
The process of arriving at a selection decision in which a very high score on one type of
assessment makes up for a low score on another is called the
According to the text, which of the following steps are typically included in th
1. The process of obtaining detailed information about specific jobs is called job (analysis)
2. A set of related duties is called a (job)
3. What are the three categories of inputs involved in a work flow analysis (raw inputs, human
resources and equipme
The labor markets in countries outside the U.S. are attractive because they offer low wages.
According to business researchers, which country suffers from a shortage of skilled workers in
In addition to the parent country
1. Which best describes a high-performance work system?
- Best fit between social and technical systems
2. The assignment of work to groups of employees with various skills is called (teamwork)
3. Which of the following functions would be handled by HRM d
1. HRM (Human Resource Management)- Policies, practices and systems influence employees
2. 3 product lines- administrative services and transactions, developing business partner services
and acting as a (Strategic Partner)
3. The HR function that handles
Ch 13 LS
Forms of pay that are linked to an employees performance as an individual, group member or organization
member are called cfw_incentive pay.
Incentive pay calculated as a percentage of sales is called a cfw_commission
In which of the following oc
1. When the recruiter called Hannah about the job opening, he talked about the jobs positive and
negative qualities. After hearing some of the negative aspects of the job, Hannah declined the
offer of the interview. This demonstrates the concept of a (rea
1. After Harrison failed to show up at work on time for the third week in a row, his boss demoted
him from chief copywriter to staff writer. This is an example of a(n) (downward) move.
2. Edward thought it would be beneficial for his financial analysts to
Which of the following scenarios is an example of wrongful discharge?
A manager fires an employee for being absent on the day of an important meeting
In the role analysis technique, the role (set) is the people who directly interact with the em