Exam 4 Study Guide
1. When to use each of the four different ways to organize a report
Time: Important to know the sequence of events in some type of chronological order,
appropriate for agendas, meeting minutes, schedules, and status reports.
1. How to recognize a persuasive message : requesting favor such as beginning with a
compliment, unexpected fact, readers benefit, summary of problem . And claims
2. What persuasive communication is and does : Persuasion attempts to influence people's
1. Components required for communication to take place
This is shown through the communication model which consists of the communication
need, sender, message, audience, and response. Page 5
2. Examples of filters in communication
The audience will filter
Chapter 15 Homework
1. What is a team and why are teams important?
1. Teamwork is fundamental to success in the modern workplace.
2. A team is a group of people with a common, collective goal.
1. List and explain the 10 commandments.