Email Assignment (100 Points)
Due: Monday, February 10 (Due before class begins)
Method of Submission: Email to Victoria.McCrady@UTDallas.edu
SCENARIO: You work in the IT department of Pullman Daniels Brokerage
(PDB). PDB is considering implementing a sta
1. Sometimes a cover letter will actually be a "cover email."
If you need to email your resume, do not attach a separate cover letter. Write a cover email. Be as careful with this email as you would be with a
letter, and proofread carefully. It
Bad News Letter
by Shelby Steaphen
Bad News Letter
Claim Letter Assignment Option 1
You are a CPA at a small group of public accountants named the Grandel Group, LLC. The people in your office work
hard and your organization likes to reward that hard work. At the beginning of March, on behalf of the Grand
What are soft skills
- Soft skills are important interpersonal habits that include the ability to communicate,
teamwork skills, the ability to prioritize work and having a positive attitude
What is communication
- Communication is the transmission of info
1. What is your goal when delivering bad news?
Create negative reactions
Eliminate negative reactions
Transform negative reactions into positive reactions
Minimize negative reactions
Recognize that your goal when delivering bad news is to mini
1. Which section decribes proposal costs?
2. How short and long might proposals be?
5 to 200 pages
15 to 250 pages
5 to 25 pages
15 to 50 pages
3. The Executive Summary of a repo
For a business letter, always mention exactly what you are enclosing in the body of the letter and why it is important.
Always mention exactly what you are enclosing in the body of the letter and why it is important. So, if you are enclosing a copy of a
When you enter a company, your first goal is to learn the business and to meet expectations.
If you are giving someone bad news, make sure that your "neutral" expression is not _.
Which of th
The direct approach to message organization involves _.
a subordinate clause
a tendency to deliver the most important news in the middle of your explanation
Never include more than _ bullets per slide in
1. Question: When you write an email to Elliot Neuman, what is not one of the goals you hope to achieve?
Discover alternate vendors to supply the part
Elliot Neuman is not one of the people you speak with in order to learn about alternate vendors.
1. Businesses can, if they choose, contact references from your previous jobs independently using networks like LinkedIn.
2. Which of the following is the LEAST LIKELY purpose for sending business messages?
3. You are more likely to hear ab
What is a claim?
-A claim is when you as a customer must write to identify or correct a wrong
What is an adjustment?
-A adjustment is when a company receives a claim and decides to respond favorably
What are the three goals in adjustment messages?
- The t
Bad News Letter (100 Points)
1. Respond to one of the claim letters below.
2. You MAY NOT DO what the customer asks you to do.
3. Submit the assignment to TurnItIn.com on the due date in the syllabus.
Scenario: You are the CEO of Op
500 West Cartwright Road, Suite 1313
Balch Springs, TX 75180
2 October 2013
CEO American Custom Wood
800 West Campbell Road
Richardson, TX 75080
RE: Mahogany Entry Door Measurement Issue
Contempo Interiors has been
IT Support Inc.
Bobby Singer, CEO of IT Support Inc.
Nathan Howe, Customer Support Manager
February 19, 2015
Workplace Violence Case
This incident occurred on February 18th, 2015 in our Customer
Support Call Center. The security c
Dear Mrs. Holbrook,
There are many pros and cons of implementing a companywide IM system. Some of the
major cons are security and decreased productivity.
Most employees will view an instant messaging system as informal, and employees may
BCOM 3310 Online Quiz Chapter 6 Part 2
1. What is not a value discussed in this chapter?
e. Personal Space
True or False
2. The sentence You dont understand can be considered rude by the receiver.
BCOM 3310 Online Quiz Chapter 7
1. Which of the following is not listed as a reason to write a business letter in your book?
a. Getting Business Done
b. Signal Formality
c. Evidence in Court Cases
d. Attract Attention and interest of employees
e. None of
BCOM 3310 Online Quiz Chapter 4
1. Which of the following are considered very informal? (check all that apply)
a. Instant Message
b. Certified Letter
c. Phone Call
e. Text message
2. Which of the following are considered casual? (check all
BCOM 3310 Online Quiz Chapter 6
1. What does AIDA stand for?
a. Attention, Information, Desire, Amiable
b. Action, Information, Discretion, Amiable
c. Always, Invite, Dogs, Along
d. Attention, Interest, Desire, Action
e. None of the Above
2. What are bran
BCOM 3310 Online Quiz Chapter 1
1. Which of the following is not important in writing in a professional setting?
2. What are the stages in the business writing process?
BCOM 3310 Online Quiz Chapter 5
1. Which of the following is not a component of an email?
a. Subject Line
d. Important Information Line
2. What are important elements of organization in a message?
b. Create Li
BCOM 3310 Online Quiz Chapter 2
1. What is the importance of feedback loops?
a. It is not useful
b. Gain knowledge on how many messages you sent
c. Evaluate a messages success
d. Learn how to insult coworkers better
2. Which of the following stages is not
BCOM 3310 Online Quiz Chapter 3
1. What is frontloading?
a. The information put in a message before the bad news
b. The important information is at the front of the message
c. The important information is at the end of the message
d. Talking about the aud
by Shelby Steaphen
Email sent to professor, printed to
by Shelby Steaphen
Email sent to professor, printed to PDF
2645 Crenshaw Blvd,
Los Angeles, CA 90016
H. T. Pollina
Friday, January 17, 2012
American Custom Wood
7962 W Gold Dust Ave Ste 2
Peoria, AZ 85345
Dear Mazad Hussein,
Your company always provides us the best wood-ma