DUE: Apr 23, 2015
1. Moon Company issued $300,000, 10%, 5-year bonds on January 1, 2012, at $106 (106% of face value). Interest is
payable annually on January 1. Prepare a journal entry on Jan 1st, 2012. (1.5 points)
DUE: Apr 14, 2015
1. A company purchased a truck on March 1, 2007 at a cost of $70,000. The truck had an estimated
useful life of 5 years and an estimated salvage value of $10,000. The company uses the straight-line
method of depre
S O L U T E S
I v v o U W C*2We>)
f W l k i
L " (p
S e r v e s C '.
g ^ ^ f e ^
SMITH CHART FORM ZY-01-N
5 D J 1 ^oo^c cab/e>
Cai)(e ^imens/tfyis y jiv/ew.
L - 2,6^ MO
1 1 i r r
1, Find the area, A, for each of the Si PIN diodes below that have the parameters, W=20pm,
ND=1 x 106 cm'3, T = 0.5pS, VA = 0.8V, and are designed to Operate for the following currents:
o A = ( 1pr r/qniZWXeVA/ZVT -1)'1
o 11, = 1.45 x 1010 cm"3
o VT : 0
EE4368 Homework Set #6 Solutions
1. Follow AWR MWO tutorial on-line.
2. Maximally flat (Butterworth) LPF, N=3, Tee configuration, fc = 3GHz
Review for Exam 3
(Appendix D and Chapter 9, 10,
About the Exam
-It will be on Apr 30th (Thu).
-Bring a Form 882 scantron and pencil.
-Bring your ID.
-Bring your calculator, but only the simple ones. I will give
you tables of present values i
Stock Issue Considerations
Stock Issue Considerations
Issuance of Stock
Corporation can issue common stock
directly to investors or
indirectly through an investment banking firm.
Top five exchanges by va
EE4368 Homework Set #7
1. If you are asked to series resonate the reactive portion of a transistor that has an
input impedance, Zin = 25 j 30 ,
a) What element would you use?
b) What is the value of the component at f=1GHz?
2. If you are asked to parallel
EE4368 Homework Set #11
1. Draw a cross-section of an RF MESFET and label all metal contacts, semiconductor layers, semiinsulating region and location of depletion region.
2. From the data sheet for a 330m gatewidth GaAs MESFET (NEC721), determine the fol
EE4368 RF Circuit Design Principles - Lecture Plan, Fall, '15, Rev B
Dr. R. Lehmann
Text: RF Circuit Design; Theory & Applications, 2nd Ed., by Ludwig & Bogdanov
Introduction to RF
EXTRA SMITH CHART PROBLEMS
1. A load impedance, ZL = 20 + j45 , is connected to a Zo = 50 lossless transmission
line which is 1.2 long. Find L, IN, ZIN, VSWRIN, and RLIN.
2. An unknown load is connected to a 0.2 long 50-ohm line. We know the input
Days & Times
RF Circuit Design Principles
Professor Contact Information
EE4368 Homework Set #8
1. Write out simple definitions in words and equations for the following:
2. An amplifier has an input return loss of 14dB. What is the magnitude of S11?
3. A network is measured and found to
EE4368 Homework Set #5
(include your Smith chart(s) with your work)
1. Determine (mag & phase), SWR, Return Loss (in dB) and Admittance (G +/- jB
form in Siemens) using the Z-Smith chart for the following impedances:
a) Z1 = 5 + j35
b) Z2 = 50 j80
EE4368 Homework Set #6
(Note: please attach Smith Charts showing your work)
1. A coaxial cable of characteristic impedance Zo = 75 is terminated by a load
impedance of ZL = 25 + j45 . Using the Smith Chart, find the input impedance of the line
for the fol
Complex Numbers, Phasors and Circuits
Complex numbers are defined by points or vectors in the complex
plane, and can be represented in Cartesian coordinates
z = a + jb
j = 1
or in polar (exponential) form
z = A exp( j) = A cos ( ) + jA
A number of techniques can be used to eliminate reflections when
the characteristic impedance of the line and the load impedance are
Impedance matching techniques can be designed to be effective for
rosJ . -.
I, 1 2e v
e , ( r ze Y
I .lz e v
sF,.' J."fi YeX,on
qe-I t -R!- i *el,sl'1Y'
-./n l xi rsl c
l yr^cfw_u*'.-f ,