If I had been there essay
Scoring Category and Criteria
Name, section number in top right-hand corner
Proper length, font & size, borders, and typewritten
Spelling, capitalization, punctuation, grammar, etc. is correct
1. Name three of the objections that Clay County residents had to the Mormons
settling in their region.
1. They were poor.
2. Their Eastern customs and dialect were alien to the Missourians.
CHAPTER16M ISSOURIPERSECUTIONS ANDEXPULSION
1. What caused one of the first outbreaks of violence in Northern Missouri?
William Peniston, who was a candidate, gave a speech to excite them
against the Mormons. He turned the peopl
CHAPTER6O RGANIZATION OFTHECHURCH
1. How did Joseph Smith know exactly what date to organize the church? Where
was it organized?
When Joseph and Oliver received the priesthood in 1829, they were also
shown the precise day to organi
1. What appalling scene presented itself because many Saints moved to Kirtland
without the funds to provide for themselves?
The increasing number of Saints that were living in poverty. Joseph
1. When and where did the Angel Moroni first appear to Joseph Smith?
Sunday September 21, 1823 in there small log cabin, in Josephs room.
2. What was the purpose for Moronis visit and why did he appear t
1. With the entire first presidency was in jail, who had the responsibility of overseeing the
needs of the Church following the surrender of Far West?
Brigham Young and Heber C. Kimball. Later John Taylor
REL #7 Consecrating myself
School raise up posterity
Church/calling to help others and to perfect myself
Friends/Rachel to find an eternal companion
Study to increase in knowledge and intelligence
Studio C rest/distraction
Facebook Mindless wanderin
This semester has deeply influenced my understanding of the Restoration. I feel I
understand it from many varying perspectives, rather than only seeing it from a head-on,
generic view. Probably the thing I am most grateful for that I have learned is a dee
REL Assignment #5
As I began reading and comparing the 1832 account with the modern day account, the
first thing that came to my attention was the minor differences in some words. Theyre just
small alterations, such as changing ye to you. I think theyre j
REL Eternal Marriages
I really enjoyed Elder Ballards talk. He was polite and courteous and explained that we
need to love our enemies and seek to understand one another. However, he was very
adamant on the fact we need traditional marriages and temples i
7. And I God, created Man using the Earth I had just created and made him alive. He was the
first man on Earth, but he and everything else existed as spiritual entities before this life.
8. I, the Lord God, planted a Garden in the East t
Josephs Internal Song Lyrics
Remember those nights when the lights refused to shine,
Pleading above to give me a sign,
How to be free of this feeling inside,
How to escape this pulling tide.
It started with one word,
When He spoke my name,
And with loving
1. Exodus 33:11
2. Moses 7:21
3. D&C 76:32
4. Ether 3:13
5. Moses 4:14-17
My previous thoughts on the endowment before this time had been a bit more
segmented. I always knew that the purpose of the last part of the endowment was intended for
1. Describe the Smith family activities and life in Palmyra, New York?
They farmed on a one hundred acre lot that they cleared themselves. They had
limited resources for school and were deprived of the educat
1. Unlike others at the time, how did the Latter-day Saints view the American
The early members viewed the American Indians as a remnant of the
house of Israel. They believed the promises th
Explain the three act play structure of Zions camp and the events involved in each.
CHAPTER9G ATHERING TOTHELANDOFZION
1. Why did the early Saints believe that they were to locate and establish Zion and
the New Jerusalem?
There are a few scriptures talking about a future Zion and Joseph Smith
received a revelatio
CHAPTER13GLORIOUS DAYS INKIRTLAND
1. What responsibility seems to be connected to the callings of Oliver Cowdery and
later Hyrum Smith as Assistant Presidents of the Church?
He was to stand with the Prophet as a second witness o
CHAPTER8G ATHERING TOO HIO
1. On January 2, 1831, the third conference of the Church was held at the Peter
Whitmer Sr. home in Fayette. What events transpired during the conference?
What matters were discussed?
Joseph Smith prayed
1. What was the Lords warning to those in Zion who tried to circumvent the
Church leaders by ignoring their authority to preside and neglected keeping the
They would not have the
Video Interpretations and Church History Essay
I watched the movie Plates of Gold movie that was directed by Christian Vuissa. You can
find this movie at Desert Book and other church sites. The events of Church history that this
CHAPTER20DOCTRINAL DEVELOPMENTS INNAUVOO
1. Explain the significance of Josephs sermon at Seymour Brunsons funeral.
Joseph announced that the Lord would permit the Saints to be baptized for their
friends and relatives who died bef
CHAPTER10DEVELOPMENT OF THECHURCH INOHIO
1. In September 1831, the Prophet Joseph Smith and his family move to
where they lived with the
translation_ of the
family and worked on the
2. Who was Ezr
1. What are at least three circumstances that led to Oliver Cowdery meeting Joseph Smith
Jr. and becoming his scribe?
Hyrum Smith hired Oliver to teach at a school near Josephs house. Oliver
REL 341 Section # 007
Trivia Answer: First Thursday of every month
If I had been there Enrichment
I have chosen the event of Zions Camp to write about for this enrichment. Zions Camp was a time
in church history that really stood out to me because it show
1. Why was John C. Bennett excommunicated from the Church?
Bennett was excommunicated because of his personal immorality and his sinister
designs. He first lied about being married and then lure
CHAPTER19LIFE INNAUVOO THEBEAUTIFUL
1. As you study this chapter indicate the building used for each of the following purposes:
Hotel to accommodate visitors to Nauvoo: Nauvoo House
Office of the First Presidency: Red Brick Store.