Friday, January 30, 2009.
1. (Lecture 8) True or False questions:
(T/F) A random variable is a real-valued function of the outcome of an experiment.
(T/F) A discrete random variable has a range that is either nite or countably innite
Friday, January 23, 2009.
1. (Lecture 6) A boat in the ocean tries to transmit an emergency signal to the Coast Guard through the following network with
the following network connection probabilities. What is the probability that the
Quiz 2 Solutions
Friday, January 16, 2009.
1. (Lecture 3) Patient and Impatient have a date to meet at the Creamery at 1:00 PM. They both are chronically late and will
each arrive at some random time between 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM. Patient wil
Name: Mr. Solution
Quiz 1 Solutions
Friday, January 9, 2009.
1. On the following Venn diagram of the sample space, indicate the following
set by shading:
[(A B) C]
2. In the experiment consisting of a single roll of a strange die, the sample