Psy 201 Chapters 9 & 10
Preparation Questions - Middle Childhood
1. Imagine you are in charge of P.E. at an elementary school. What developmentally appropriate sports,
games or activities would you prepare for these children? Why are s
Psy 201 Chapters 11 & 12
Prep questions - Adolescence
1. Compare and contrast motor development in the sexes during adolescence.
Girls' motor development is slow and gradual and it levels off by age 14. Boys are very different from gir
Psy 201 Chapters 17 & 18
Prep Questions Late Adulthood
1. Describe and give examples of activities of daily living (ADLs) and instrumental activities of daily living
ADLs are basic self-care tasks required to live on one's own
Psy 201 Section 2
Psy 201 Chapter 4
1. What is lateralization? As neurons form connections, what becomes vital to their survival? Describe
Lateralization is the specialization of the two hemispheres of the brain.
Psy 201 Chap. 13 & 14
Prep Questions Early Adulthood
1. Describe senescence. Describe the four theories of aging cited in the text.
Genetically influenced aging; declines in the functioning of organs and systems that are universal in all
members of our sp
Psy 201 - Chapter 5
1. What is the AB search error? Why does it occur?
A-not-B search error is an awareness factor. If an infant reaches several times for an object at the first
hiding place (A), then it is moved to a se
Psy 201 Chapters 15 & 16
Prep Questions Middle Adulthood
1. Current evidence has pinpointed _ as the toxic ingredient of Type A behavior
patterns. What impact does this ingredient have on physical and mental health?
Current evidence pi
Psy 201 Chapters 7 & 8
Preparation Questions Preschool Years
1. How do prenatal events impact handedness?
The prenatal events that impact handedness would be things like which side the mother prefers to sleep
on and the orientation of
Psy 201 Chapter 6
1. Describe Eriksons psychological conflict for the first year of life. What is the conflict for the second
year of life? Erikson used Freuds theory as a foundation for his own theory and then added ano
Psy 201 Chapter 3
Prenatal Development, Birth, and the Newborn Baby
1. At the beginning of the period of the embryo, the embryonic disk forms three layers of cells.
Identify those three layers and describe what they will become. In wha