BIOL1405 Environmental Science Lab
Substrate Analysis Lab
Examine and compare soils from different locations in Utah.
Complete qualitative measurements of each soil sample including parent material type, moisture content,
Home Water Audit
Go to the following link:
Complete the audit and record your score.
Go to the Learn more ways to save link and learn about various water saving practices.
Develop a plan to
Food Web Lab
Procedure: (Be sure to do both parts to this lab)
1) Go to the following link:
2) Read the background information in the text box on the left.
3) Follow the Procedure given
Osmosis in Plant Cells
Plasmolysis of Elodea
The purpose of this lab is to observe the effect of a hypertonic and hypotonic osmotic
environment on a plant cell. The process of cell shrinkage due to a hypertonic environment is
Cell Model/ Diagrams
A.) You must model a eukaryotic animal cell. Your model can be 3 dimensional or it can be a drawing of the cell.
B.) All parts of your cell must be labeled clearly.
C.) Functions of each organelle/ part sho
BIOL1010 General Biology
Chapter Four Structure and Function of Cells
Objectives Be able to:
1. Explain the major statements of the cell theory and who is responsible for formulating and
stating cell theory.
2. Explain how are cells studied?
An Introduction to Environmental Science
1. Interdisciplinary Nature of Environmental Science
2. Anthropocene Evidence
3. Current Environmental Problems
4. Tragedy of the Commons
5. Three Principles of Sustainability
6. Natural C
Threats to Biodiversity and Conservation of Biodiversity
Environmental Science Biol 1400
1. Describe why we are currently in a sixth mass extinction event.
2. List the 7 primary threats facing species today.
3. Describe the three most significant terrestr
BIOL1400 Environmental Science
Chemistry of Life Study Guide
1. Be able to describe matter, atoms and elements.
2. Be able to describe the chemical properties and draw the electron configuration of the six
primary elements that make up living