Chpt 6 Review Questions
1. Describe the difference between an attribute table and a standalone table.
Attribute tables link to spatial data sets like shapefiles. Standalone tables only contain tabular info.
2. Which type of
1. The Madison Limestone is an important aquifer. Citizens are concerned about gas or chemical
trucks overturning on roads and causing contamination. What is the total length of roads crossing
the Madison, in kilometers?
1. How many states have counties named for Thomas Jefferson (i.e., how many Jefferson Counties are
there)? Which state has the Jefferson County with the most people in the year 2010?
26 Counties, Kentucky.
2. How many countie
Digitize all of the remaining caves/sinks and springs in the Edwards outcrop area map, placing them in
the karst features feature class. Remember to assign the attributes.
The Travis-Hays County line runs NW-SE across the Edwa
Ch 4 Chapter Review Questions
1. A 1:20,000,000 scale map of the United States displays the interstates with a line symbol that
is 3.4 points wide. There are 72 points to an inch. What is the uncertainty in the location of the
road due to the
Dr. Liz Olson
Kinship is the basic foundation of every human being. We attribute an extremely large
portion of who we are as people, to how we were raised. There are many different types of
1. What characters should be avoided when naming GIS files, folders, and map
1. Give the appropriate term for each of the following. Correct spelling is important. (5 pts.)
Young female cattle: Heifer
Castrated male sheep: Wether
Castrated male pig: Barrow
Young female horse: Filly
Intro to CSIS 1000 Assignment
(Answers to these questions can be found in the Syllabus and the
1. Which version of the Microsoft Office applications do you need for this course?
a. Office 2013
2. Assignments in this co