1. If you fell asleep on a sunny beach lying on your stomach, then your dorsal side would likely be sunburned.
2. What are the two parts of the central nervous system?
d. brain and spinal cord
3. Together, the somatic nervous system and the autono
1. T/F An afferent axon brings information into a structure.
2. T/F Astrocytes remove waste material created when neurons die
and control the amount of blood flow to each brain area.
3. Neurons are distinguished from othe
1. Transmission of information between neurons occurs in the same way as transmission along the axon.
2. _ are specialized junctions between neurons.
A. nodes of Ranvier
3. The proper order of a reflex a
1. The human central nervous system:
A. begins to form during the fetal stage.
B. is unlike all other vertebrate central nervous systems in its developmental process.
C. begins to form when the embryo is about two weeks old.
D. begins to form when the emb