True/False Questions (Chapter 17)
1. The projected benefit obligation may be less reliable than the accumulated benefit
2. The amount of the vested benefit obligation is less than the projected benefit obligation
and more than the
1. At the inception of a lease agreement, the company's debt to equity ratio and rate of
return on assets are both affected whether the lease is classified as a capital lease or as an
2. Capital leases a
1. A temporary difference originates in one period and reverses, or turns around, in one or
more later periods.
2. Expenditures currently deducted in the tax return but not included with expenses in the
income statement u
Chapter 17 Quiz
1. Compared to the ABO, the PBO usually is:
b. More reliable.
c. Less relevant.
d. More material.
2. Consider the following:
Present value of vested benefits at present pay levels.
Present value of nonvested ben
x 16 million
= $80 million
fair value per share
fair value of award
December 31, 2013
($ in millions)
Compensation expense ($80 million 2 years). 40
Paid-in capitalrestricted stock .
1. GAAP requires using intrinsic value accounting for employee stock options.
2. If previous experience indicates that a material number of stock options will be forfeited before
they vest, the fair value estimate of the
True/False Questions (CHAPTER 12)
1. Securities classified as held to maturity could be reported as either current or long-term in
a classified balance sheet, depending upon their maturity dates.
2. All investments in debt securities whose fa
All Power Point slides from online portion of the course
Moral decision-making in all of its facets from the online portion of the class
Albert Einstein, Ryszard Kapucinski, and ethics.
Ethical relativism v. ethical idealism
he theory that holds that mor
Wm, . ' - _ K:
619- H, 13.1% . . \
Dmmw (mic CAM/V911 MMM F033 m crrmnow: f ;
rm if USN HWW ant-5W PM W Wm M cmumom, - i ' xx.
'3']. :Nttf ' [A11 59er PWWIODU I WW), PhTs?
Snvknor I '
. a v , . .
b _ . 5 _ 'digf- If 19 . 1 :51" -, g
cfw_mm x 'ws
Dixon Development began operations in December 2016. When lots for industrial development are sold,
Dixon recognizes income for financial reporting purposes in the year of the sale. For some lots, Dixon
recognizes income for tax purposes when collected. I